Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Installing Kisan Headlight Modulators

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I 'm convinced

Just placed an order for Kisan modulators, for my new 2016 F6B. Like this forum, thanks.

Unhappy w/dealer service department

Quote Originally Posted by Texas F6B View Post
    Just placed an order for Kisan modulators, for my new 2016 F6B. Like this forum, thanks.
    Posting the out come of the dealer install, sadly it's not the tech bike. Install the easy way, running lights, and charge $258.00. Kisan staff great. I will be revisiting the dealer service department hopefully they will do the right thing.

I actually reinstalled (moved) my Kisan modulators yesterday; to the low beams. I think that the F6B's high beams are way too bright for the modulation.

I've been a little uneasy with the intensity of the high beams modulating exclusively, ever since I've installed them.

Yesterday, I had a GoldWing pass me in the opposite direction and his low beams were modulating. Looked a lot better and was just as effective... without the high beams being used.

I haven't had any issues installing the headlight modulators on my past bikes via the high beams... but I think the Goldwing/F6B platform is the exception.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Low beams.....that means they are on all the time that it is light out, and cannot be secured unless you cap the sensor.

For me, I'd rather have them on the high beams, and be able to secure them as necessary (see my operating rules in previous post) and THEN have them ON and doing their thing when I need it.
    I think it's the stealth Marine in me that likes to keep things up my sleeve, rather than my Army counterparts who use lay it all out there from the git go.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Low beams.....that means they are on all the time that it is light out, and cannot be secured unless you cap the sensor.

For me, I'd rather have them on the high beams, and be able to secure them as necessary (see my operating rules in previous post) and THEN have them ON and doing their thing when I need it.
    I think it's the stealth Marine in me that likes to keep things up my sleeve, rather than my Army counterparts who use lay it all out there from the git go.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Yea.. I know that they'll be on all of the time (during daylight hours...) the ambient light sensor does keep them off at night. I have a roll of 100 mph tape up my sleeve if needed... if I need to take a piece of it to tape over the sensor.

You know that the U.S. Army doesn't roll unless we've got 100mph tape on board. Necessary equipment.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I actually reinstalled (moved) my Kisan modulators yesterday; to the low beams. I think that the F6B's high beams are way too bright for the modulation.

I've been a little uneasy with the intensity of the high beams modulating exclusively, ever since I've installed them.

Yesterday, I had a GoldWing pass me in the opposite direction and his low beams were modulating. Looked a lot better and was just as effective... without the high beams being used.

I haven't had any issues installing the headlight modulators on my past bikes via the high beams... but I think the Goldwing/F6B platform is the exception.
    I'm with you, that's why I installed them on the low beams. Easy enough to put tape over the sensor if needed. I went a step further and put a small "cut off" switch in the sensor circuit. But you've got to love the output of the high beams - better than my car!