New to the group, CB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the group, CB

New to the group, CB

Hi all

This is my first post on the board, and just wanted to let every one know that the new model CB will work on the F6B. I just installed one on my 3 week old bike. I was able to install it under the radio with a little mod to the box and am using the OEM switch from a junkyard. Just been on a 6hr group ride with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyN View Post
    Hi all

This is my first post on the board, and just wanted to let every one know that the new model CB will work on the F6B. I just installed one on my 3 week old bike. I was able to install it under the radio with a little mod to the box and am using the OEM switch from a junkyard. Just been on a 6hr group ride with no problems.
    Thats cool I did not pull out the radio to see if it would fit but can I ask where did you connect the OEM switch, what did you do about the CPU input balance issues, how did you enable the CB on/off button, what did you do for an antenna?

Just asking fishing for mod ideas
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

On the cpu issue I can only assume that the new model radio has been built to match the Panasonic radio. I have submitted a FOIA request with FCC to get the schematics. ( might work might not). Got the handle bar switches from a MC junk yard. 60$ No splitter on the radio pointed the FM antenna down between the saddlebag and fender. Adapted the OEM mount to accept CB antenna. PB mounted in one of the blank holes could not find a actuator to wire back in the switch on the FM controles. Other than the PB i think it looks factory.

On the cpu issue I can only assume that the new model radio has been built to match the Panasonic radio. I have submitted a FOIA request with FCC to get the schematics. ( might work might not). Got the handle bar switches from a MC junk yard. 60$ No splitter on the radio pointed the FM antenna down between the saddlebag and fender. Adapted the OEM mount to accept CB antenna. PB mounted in one of the blank holes could not find a actuator to wire back in the switch on the FM controles. Other than the PB i think it looks factory.
    FCC will give you nothing on the radio, Panasonic requested it is removed from the public records and it has been as with the previous versions. the CPU issues are not with the CB but with the controls it may not manifest itself on the first ride (mine didn't) but it will you will know when it does.

Where did you connect all the controls to? I think I went about it in a long winded way just wondering if you had a better solution
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

At the Sumitomo 10 pin connector

At the Sumitomo 10 pin connector
    Do you have a good US source for the missing connections at the radio I have to rob them off other products how much modification did you do to the radio box what about the other control connections what was your connection point for those, finally someone prepared to dig into a new bike like me
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Let us know how your RF noise background is with the engine running. I find mine on AM with the standard AM/FM whip off isn't too bad, but with the whip on it overrides all but the strongest stations. Can I assume I don't have any of the CB filters factory installed on a non-CB bike?

I've got to sniff around some with my aircraft radio to find the source(s). Maybe you can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike44 View Post
    Let us know how your RF noise background is with the engine running. I find mine on AM with the standard AM/FM whip off isn't too bad, but with the whip on it overrides all but the strongest stations. Can I assume I don't have any of the CB filters factory installed on a non-CB bike?

I've got to sniff around some with my aircraft radio to find the source(s). Maybe you can help?

2012+ bikes don't have filters with the CB we never used them on any bikes with the GL2WAY
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    2012+ bikes don't have filters with the CB we never used them on any bikes with the GL2WAY
    You folks are having a conversation that I'm not trying to snatch, but if his or your CB works w/o a high noise floor I'd be interested to know what was done to fix that, if anything.

I just went down to my bike running and sniffed around with my AM aircraft radio and headset. The digital display was the worse source so far on 125 MHz...tika tika tika'n away. I need to dig deeper into the bowels. Around the heads (plugs/injectors) weren't bad. Maybe the bike's radio is picking up RF from the adjacent wiring harness, but w/o the AM?FM whip it's not all that bad.

Edit: Yesterday I did wind the antenna coax around a #73 ferrite core...no change...but left a snap-on ferrite on the coax for good measure but little effect. The antenna base grounds directly to the frame, and I confirmed the coax was grounded to the bracket.

Cool

OK....What language are you guys speaking ???
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com