Installing self cancelling turn signals on standard F6B

Thread: Installing self cancelling turn signals on standard F6B

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Installing self cancelling turn signals on standard F6B

Hi all. My father is looking to convert to an F6B from a Harley Ultra Classic because he is tired of fixing it. ;-) He's in negotiation for a 2013 Standard F6B but wants to know if the self cancelling turn signal setup on the deluxe edition will work on standard. Does anyone know if this can be done with factory switch or is there an aftermarket alternative?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jpvybes View Post
    Hi all. My father is looking to convert to an F6B from a Harley Ultra Classic because he is tired of fixing it. ;-) He's in negotiation for a 2013 Standard F6B but wants to know if the self cancelling turn signal setup on the deluxe edition will work on standard. Does anyone know if this can be done with factory switch or is there an aftermarket alternative?

Thanks.

Just my opinion, BUT...the entire reason I bought a standard model, versus the Deluxe, is because I did NOT want the self-canceling turnsignals that come on the Deluxe model. The other items on the Deluxe I could live with, or easily take off, but the self-canceling turnsignals are difficult to take off the bike.

The reason I did NOT want the self-canceling turnsignals is because...having owned 3 Goldwing 1800's, with mega miles on them, I grew tired of having to turn ON my turnsignals...again and again and again when coming to a place I wanted to turn, as they cancel out a little too fast for my needs. I like to signal early, to let cars that are behind me, or coming toward me know that I intend to turn. I would rather signal early, than late, or not at all. And when the self-canceling turnsignals are speed related, and cancel early if you do not slow down fast enough, then it is a nuisance...to me.

I would prefer to use my own riding experience to make the decision as to when I want to cancel my turnsignals...not have the self-canceling system make that decision for me.

Any "real" old-school rider is used to turning that t/s switch on and off themselves...not having a speed related computer do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Just my opinion, BUT...the entire reason I bought a standard model, versus the Deluxe, is because I did NOT want the self-canceling turnsignals that come on the Deluxe model. The other items on the Deluxe I could live with, or easily take off, but the self-canceling turnsignals are difficult to take off the bike.

The reason I did NOT want the self-canceling turnsignals is because...having owned 3 Goldwing 1800's, with mega miles on them, I grew tired of having to turn ON my turnsignals...again and again and again when coming to a place I wanted to turn, as they cancel out a little too fast for my needs. I like to signal early, to let cars that are behind me, or coming toward me know that I intend to turn. I would rather signal early, than late, or not at all. And when the self-canceling turnsignals are speed related, and cancel early if you do not slow down fast enough, then it is a nuisance...to me.

I would prefer to use my own riding experience to make the decision as to when I want to cancel my turnsignals...not have the self-canceling system make that decision for me.

Any "real" old-school rider is used to turning that t/s switch on and off themselves...not having a speed related computer do it for them.
    I appreciate your opinion and the feedback. In any case do you know if it's still possible to install them on the standard model?

Cool

The self cancelling unit is integrated into the bike at many points…..I would ask the service manager at the dealership you are at and then warm up a couple of credit cards because the answer will scare you!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Most of the self canceling is done via the cancel unit located in the steering stem, its pretty easy to install but a little over complicated there are plenty of aftermarket self cancel systems out there that can be added to the F6B but honestly I find them a pain even though I like to leave the lights on so to speak, I tend to go for turn signal repeaters in the mirrors that are in my face and remind me to turn off but if thats not for you them something like this will work and are easier to install than the stock item.

http://www.amazon.com/automotive/dp/B002CURUBI
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Some one makes a self canceling turn signal flash cant remember
    who made it but I almost purchase one for a T-Rex I had, signal minder
    by Kisan.