Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Just my opinion, BUT...the entire reason I bought a standard model, versus the Deluxe, is because I did NOT want the self-canceling turnsignals that come on the Deluxe model. The other items on the Deluxe I could live with, or easily take off, but the self-canceling turnsignals are difficult to take off the bike.

The reason I did NOT want the self-canceling turnsignals is because...having owned 3 Goldwing 1800's, with mega miles on them, I grew tired of having to turn ON my turnsignals...again and again and again when coming to a place I wanted to turn, as they cancel out a little too fast for my needs. I like to signal early, to let cars that are behind me, or coming toward me know that I intend to turn. I would rather signal early, than late, or not at all. And when the self-canceling turnsignals are speed related, and cancel early if you do not slow down fast enough, then it is a nuisance...to me.

I would prefer to use my own riding experience to make the decision as to when I want to cancel my turnsignals...not have the self-canceling system make that decision for me.

Any "real" old-school rider is used to turning that t/s switch on and off themselves...not having a speed related computer do it for them.
I appreciate your opinion and the feedback. In any case do you know if it's still possible to install them on the standard model?