i hate to turn on the news anymore - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i hate to turn on the news anymore

It's primary election day in my city and I'm not voting for the first time in years. I don't care anymore. Let the younger generations work it out. We don't vote in new people anyway. Look at Washington and see how many politicians are still there after 30 plus years. Stop complaining, it's obvious that it won't change. I'll finish out my next 25 or so years, SS or not, it doesn't matter.

*The above statement was made under deep depression of not having a bike all season.

That is the voter apathy that is all too exhibited these days.

There are people in other countries; whom would jump at the chance to influence their government. No matter how small effect they think they would have.

I'll always vote; at least in the general election.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That is the voter apathy that is all too exhibited these days.

There are people in other countries; whom would jump at the chance to influence their government. No matter how small effect they think they would have.

I'll always vote; at least in the general election.
    I haven't missed too many voting opportunities in my 41 years of eligibility, but I have no incentive this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I haven't missed too many voting opportunities in my 41 years of eligibility, but I have no incentive this year.
    I understand. It is grim. I'll do my best though; as little as it may be; to keep the Hildabeast out of the White House.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Wayne , do me a favor. Go vote. Your vote matters. If you don't go then no complaining is allowed. I know you'll do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Wayne , do me a favor. Go vote. Your vote matters. If you don't go then no complaining is allowed. I know you'll do the right thing.
    Come on shooter...I'm kind of happy not doing it. Looks like a bunch of young kids and/or morons running for city council and mayor. They threw out the last mayor and he was doing a good job. This one is invisible and is touting his record. I can't take it. I have no clue who to choose. I promise I won't complain.

shooter
    Wayne we need to he an example for the younger guys on this forum. I know sometimes it leaves a bad taste in your Mouth. I remember McCain........ C'mon buddy. Suck it up. That's it. I've done my part.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Wayne we need to he an example for the younger guys on this forum. I know sometimes it leaves a bad taste in your Mouth. I remember McCain........ C'mon buddy. Suck it up. That's it. I've done my part.
    You're a tough guy to ignore

shooter
    Wayne I just try to do my part in any small way I can. I don't think I'm making an impact but I'm trying. I urge all my customers to vote and threaten my kids with bodily harm. I appreciate you brother. We need more people like you and others on this forum.

How many conservatives here have worked voter registration drives, walked precincts (or call centers) for conservative candidates, posted signs, funded, raised funds or worked voting polls ?

There is a lot more to do than just voting in the final or presidential election. The proper choice (maybe you?) has to get into and past the primaries first (including school board, city council and other local and regional offices).