Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
I am new to the forum,do not own aF6b,currently riding a CB1100. .looking for a bike to do some two up touring. my question is how good a touring bike is the F6b compared to the reg. Goldwing?
Depends. I came off a 12 Wing to a 13 F6. I preferred the Wing in only one way over the 6 and that was long distance touring. I don't mean a two or three day trip. I liked it for my summer two or three week cross country rides. Great wind protection, heated seats and grips for those cold mornings in the mountains, larger side bags and that ugly trunk all made things easier on long trips from home. Reverse comes in handy when backing up with a trailer on and my 13 doesn't have that OEM cruise. Not to mention my partners seat and electrical hook ups in the rear of the Wing made her happy which resulted in me being happier.With all that said I much prefer the 6. It is a good touring bike just not as good as a full wing and all around it fits me and my normal riding much better. I can't justify three bikes at the moment but a Wing parked in the garage with my other two would be great!