Kuryarkyn Rear LED Fender tip

Thread: Kuryarkyn Rear LED Fender tip

Kuryarkyn Rear LED Fender tip

G'day everyone.
    Ive purchased a Kuryarkyn rear LED fender tip and was wondering what others have done re routing the power cable from the tip.
    Do you need to cover the wire with plastic wiring conduit to prevent stone damage etc?
    Where have you run the wire from the tip? Ie, directly under the fender at the tip V or off to one side? I just cant work out how to hide the cable from the LED tip, where it passes under the body work of the bike without cutting a notch in the plastic panel to route the cable through.
    The instructions are pretty poor re this aspect of fitting.
    Im also still waiting for the accessory harness as the stock cable on the tip doesn't match the newer wiring connectors.
    Thanks for any help re this and best wishes all.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Quote Originally Posted by Baytown View Post
    G'day everyone.
    Ive purchased a Kuryarkyn rear LED fender tip and was wondering what others have done re routing the power cable from the tip.
    Do you need to cover the wire with plastic wiring conduit to prevent stone damage etc?
    Where have you run the wire from the tip? Ie, directly under the fender at the tip V or off to one side? I just cant work out how to hide the cable from the LED tip, where it passes under the body work of the bike without cutting a notch in the plastic panel to route the cable through.
    The instructions are pretty poor re this aspect of fitting.
    Im also still waiting for the accessory harness as the stock cable on the tip doesn't match the newer wiring connectors.
    Thanks for any help re this and best wishes all.
    Ken

Ken, stay tuned to this thread about it:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...s-for-the-rear

I'm going through the same "discovery" with this lighting accessory (as well as the two vertical Kuryakyn LED lights). It just has been so cold here lately; I haven't been able to go out and finish it; due to the fact that the 3M adhesive tape(s) needs warmer temperatures to bond correctly. Tomorrow and Thursday are supposed to be in the 70's so I may get a chance to get it all installed and finished.

More pictures to be posted in the referenced thread If I'm able to get it done.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks again Will.

Thanks for the heads up Will.
    We are experiencing the same issue but you are further into the fix. I don't know how I missed your thread on the fender tip, but either way, good on you.
    Ken
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Cool

All I did was use Gorilla Tape ...seems to be OK ...I put a quick disconnect in so I could remove the rear panel if needed....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    All I did was use Gorilla Tape ...seems to be OK ...I put a quick disconnect in so I could remove the rear panel if needed....
    I did the same thing routed it to one side cleaned the backside with alcohol and good to go. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1952 View Post
    I did the same thing routed it to one side cleaned the backside with alcohol and good to go. Al
    Saw Steve's post yesterday about the Gorilla tape... and yes; it has crossed my mind to use it.

I tend to "over-engineer" things sometimes.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537