Questions about a rear rack I found...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions about a rear rack I found...

Questions about a rear rack I found...

...on wingstuff.com I am thinking of purchasing it. Does anyone have experience with it?

1. The width of the rack is 18" wide. When I measured 18" on the rear of my new F6B, it looks like the rack would "just clear" the right rear mounted antenna. Is this true?

2. Do you think that the rack and the way that it is mounted on the F6B will safely carry/support a full case of beer?

Thanks in Advance!

I saw that too. I opted for the tubular design by Show Chrome because it looked like it would be easier to attach bungie cords and I was afraid of the bungie cords might scratch the black color off. Not sure if my concerns are real or not.

I just purchased one from a member but haven't received it yet, I can let you know, I know several on here have them though.

FWIW, the black chrome tube rack looks really nice on the 2015 matte gray bikes.

I choose this one over all the rest. It's heavy duty and wide, but will not interfere with the antennae. There are four (4) mounting points on bottom of the rack for bungie straps. I will send pictures of it mounted on my bike tomorrow. Too dark outside now.

I have both. I like the tubular when I'm traveling with the backrest on. I like the looks of the one you're looking at from Wingstuff the best. They both work & fit well. I think I bought mine thru MP3 then Value accessories for the tubular black Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    ...on wingstuff.com I am thinking of purchasing it. Does anyone have experience with it?

1. The width of the rack is 18" wide. When I measured 18" on the rear of my new F6B, it looks like the rack would "just clear" the right rear mounted antenna. Is this true?

2. Do you think that the rack and the way that it is mounted on the F6B will safely carry/support a full case of beer?

Thanks in Advance!
    The answer to your most important question is yes, it will support a full case of beer. Mine did.

I bought that rack from MP3/Wingstuff and have it installed. I haven't had to carry a box of beer yet but a Kuryakyn Classic Tour Bag does fit nicely without interfering with the antenna. Just can't extend (2") the right side of the bag because of the antenna. I suppose you could relocate the antenna to the centre/rear of the rack if you were keen enough for a different look.

The rack clears the antenna by a full inch.

I think the MP3 rack looks great, especially in black on the black bike.

The only thing that didn't come with the rack was fitting instructions, but once you compare the 'bits' with what's on the bike it soon becomes apparent how it goes on. Be aware that the plastic trim that is replaced by the piece with the 2 holes for the mount is held in place by a small screw at the rear....don't try and prise it off.

Do you have to relocate the antenna for the show chrome rack?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Thanks in Advance!
    without a doubt the best rack made! 1. True 2. Without a doubt, 3 cases!

Attachment 15566
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt