Comparison of windscreens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comparison of windscreens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Klock Werks

Attachment 17506

I went with the Klock Werks 14" Dark Smoke Screen basically because it looks cool. I am extremely happy with it. I am able to see over the top of it easily. Wind now gets pushed completely over my head and it also seems to push the front end of the bike down onto the road at high speeds very noticeably. I can also listen to the stereo at high speed and the clean air vacuum space created by the overdraft gives the distinct impression that my back is being pushed ever so slightly forward. And it does look Kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    Attachment 17506

I went with the Klock Werks 14" Dark Smoke Screen basically because it looks cool. I am extremely happy with it. I am able to see over the top of it easily. Wind now gets pushed completely over my head and it also seems to push the front end of the bike down onto the road at high speeds very noticeably. I can also listen to the stereo at high speed and the clean air vacuum space created by the overdraft gives the distinct impression that my back is being pushed ever so slightly forward. And it does look Kewl.
    How tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by M_E_A_T View Post
    How tall are you?
    I'm 6'0" tall but have a Mustang saddle that drops me down about an inch. I should also point out that the back draft might bother a helmet-less rider because it pushes your sunglasses down onto your nose. Giving you the "old man with bifocals" look.

To each his own, but I like the baggershield 19' with center vent. By opening the vent it keeps air from rushing over top, creating turbulence behind windshield. Those who don't like looking thru a windshield probably wouldn't like it, and it's not as sexy, but there is no distortion and you can't beat it on those long rides.

Clearview Large and wide

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    Attachment 17506

This is my second Flare windshield and I love it! There's only one possible "downside" you may want to consider...if you think there may be a farkle shelf in your future, the Flare is probably not for you. The swept-back curve comes back over the top of the dashboard and is not compatible with the farkle shelf.

I was also looking into the EC GPS dash mount, and no cigar there, either. Not enough room for the GPS to mount on top of the dash with the Flare.

However, from a standpoint of looks and performance, I find it hard to beat my Flare. Did a 9,000 mile ride up into Canada in September, and the Flare protected me from wind, bugs (well mostly) and rain.

All that said, I may be willing to part with mine in order to install a farkle shelf. The one on my F6B is brand new, with less than 100 miles on it. PM me if interested.
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Klock Werks

I had purchased and tried several of the shields made for the F6B. I found that the Klock Werks worked the best for me at 6 feet tall with the mustang seat. It allowed me to hear my music better and cut down on the amount of wind with it's curves. LOL

The VStream, which became available just this year, is another great option to consider.

With the VStream design, the purpose is to direct wind around you as opposed to over, reducing buffeting for the rider and passenger. It's a design we've used on many bikes.

They are made from hardcoated polycarbonate and carry a three-year warranty against breakage.

Check it out!
    http://www.nationalcycle.com/index.p...y/view/id/5658

Attachment 17543

Why no vent?

Quote Originally Posted by NationalCycl View Post
    The VStream, which became available just this year, is another great option to consider.

With the VStream design, the purpose is to direct wind around you as opposed to over, reducing buffeting for the rider and passenger. It's a design we've used on many bikes.

They are made from hardcoated polycarbonate and carry a three-year warranty against breakage.

Check it out!
    http://www.nationalcycle.com/index.p...y/view/id/5658

Attachment 17543
    The Vstream looks intriguing, but per the website, doesn't appear to be available with a vent (like the Goldwing version). Am I misinterpreting something?

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    The Vstream looks intriguing, but per the website, doesn't appear to be available with a vent (like the Goldwing version). Am I misinterpreting something?
    Just my .02 on this. A vent won't do much with that tilt angle.

My windshield is swept back quite a bit. I installed a vent in it and hardly any air comes through it. That same vent in a honda shield (which sits up more vertically) passes a bunch of air.

So on my next shield, if it is tilted back, I won't bother with a vent.

On a side note: On my last big trip, I had the biggest dragonfly that I have ever seen splatter through my vent. What a mess!

low shot.jpg
    Albuquerque, NM