Good place for a magnetic key holder?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good place for a magnetic key holder?

Good place for a magnetic key holder?

I ordered a magnet key holder, and it arrived today. Any suggestions for a good spot on the bike? I thought the top of the fork under the fairing would be a good spot, but then I thought, perhaps not.

My personal choice for bike, car, etc...is to locate a discrete place and use a zip-tie to secure it in place....when needed just cut it off.

I am always able to find a place totally out of view so that only I know where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post
    My personal choice for bike, car, etc...is to locate a discrete place and use a zip-tie to secure it in place....when needed just cut it off.

I am always able to find a place totally out of view so that only I know where it is.
    +1... not a lot of metal on this bike in the places where you could hide a key... pull the left side cover and bury a key in there somewhere....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    +1... not a lot of metal on this bike in the places where you could hide a key... pull the left side cover and bury a key in there somewhere....
    Oooooo….good idea.

I have the short keys for the center cubby and gas door. My cubby key is designed to also work in the bag lock. I keep my spare ignition key hidden in the saddle bag. As others have noted a key zip tied by the battery is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Wouldn't you need to open a saddlebag to remove the side cover? Unless you have a cubby key for your saddlebags, you'd be out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by okf6b View Post
    Wouldn't you need to open a saddlebag to remove the side cover? Unless you have a cubby key for your saddlebags, you'd be out of luck.
    Good call forgot about haveing to open the saddle bag. Move forward one cover. Make it easy to remember. Put it behind the cover where you check / add oil on the right.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdarmy View Post

Not a fan of this. Zip ties can be a bytch to cut. I've seen too much damage caused by the knife when it slips after the cut. Just sayin.

http://www.treasuregurus.com/truly-r...ey-holder.html

Guess this wouldn't work. Could put it on the passenger seat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Not a fan of this. Zip ties can be a bytch to cut. I've seen too much damage caused by the knife when it slips after the cut. Just sayin.
    You could always throw some nail clippers in the left pocket....