Nice day in Michigan

Thread: Nice day in Michigan

Nice day in Michigan

Went for a jaunt on the 6 today, unseasonably warm weather for Michigan, the outside temp was showing 73 degree and it was just a gorgeous 200 miler. Lots of hills and twisties and good company. Makes for a stressless day on two wheels.

I couldn't agree more, it was a great day to get in the wind. Before we know it the bikes will be in cold storage and then we wait. I've done some riding in your area, nice open roads and not much traffic, just watch out for deer.

Be safe

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Went for a jaunt on the 6 today, unseasonably warm weather for Michigan, the outside temp was showing 73 degree and it was just a gorgeous 200 miler. Lots of hills and twisties and good company. Makes for a stressless day on two wheels.
    Same here in western and central NYS. I only rode 70 miles, but was still very pleasant and nice. The giant dome of High pressure of the eastern seaboard will keep pinwheeling warm central Atlantic-influenced air over the eastern half of the USA for the next couple of days before it departs with a lot of wind behind it.

Seadog,

Good morning! Saw your post and thought I'd reach out for some local Michigan experience...

I'm in the early stages of planning a long road trip for next year, probably in late August/early September, and this time I want to do a clockwise loop around the Great Lakes, starting in Minnesota, maybe Duluth, I don't know yet.

Our plan will be to ride roughly 300-350 miles per day, avoiding traffic and major cities. We like to maximize twisties, remote and rugged scenery, and lake views.

My question to you is, can you recommend a few "must-ride" roads in Michigan?

BTW, tried to send you a PM but your is full...
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Howdy Seadog,
    With those temps in November, you now can make plans for the 2016 Rally?
    Plus, if you want to believe in global warming, it may just be a degree or two warmer next year.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt