Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
BIGLRY--You're obviously more of a "wrench" than I am. Looking at your pics, I have one observation and one question. First, I see that you oriented the front clamp with the bolt head inboard. Having done this installation, I understand why you did that. OTOH, I don't think it's particularly intuitive to do it that way and I don't recall seeing any pics in the installation manual showing it that way. I was successful mounting that clamp with the bolt head outboard but pointing down. As I recall, doing it this way did cause a slight bulge in the lower bottom cover (just on the right side) but not a huge problem. The pic are the first set up, I ended up changing the position of the clamps several times before settling on the final position as not to have the "slight bulge" and for ease of re-tighten if needed with everything together.

For my question...I didn't have any luck with the gasket maker Jimmy provides for sealing the front joint. When I first had leaks and had to reinstall, I bought some real muffler sealer to use and that seemed to work much better. The only other difficulty I had was the gaskets provided in the kit. IMHO, they are too short but that said, if you're really careful not to let them slide in too far, they can work satisfactorily. On my reinstall, I doubled up on those gaskets and that made the installation more fool proof. Any comments on these things you'd like to offer?
Placement of the gasket is crucial...to far in and they will leak... same with to far out along with the clamps position over the slots. I changed out the rear clamps when I installed the Jekill & Hyde system as their SS, allen head muffler clamps are very heavy duty so you can really crank down on them(upper left in pic) I also use a torque wrench to set the clamps and did it several times and once after getting the system hot then letting it cool down before a re-torque which is what I suggest when tightening any fasteners that get hot on an exhaust system i.e. header nuts and such.

Accesseories.jpg