Sorry, just had to post this - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, just had to post this

Cos is entitled to his own opinion (I think that is still allowed in Aussieland ?), even if it is to .

I met an Aussie gun owner on a ride this weekend. His opinion of the Aussie gun laws were a little different than that of the comedian in the clip. He also noted that bangers still had plenty of guns in Aussieland irrespective of their strict gun laws.

The comedian makes fun of so called "protection rifles". The first time I had to use a "protection rifle" to save a life was when I was a teenager. Guess what, it worked and subsequently stopped the rash of bad behavior that was developing in the neighborhood. The victim targeted that night by the bad guy lived to a ripe old age and died in her own bed of natural causes thanks to a "protection rifle".

For some reason, some people forget that inanimate objects don't kill people. People kill people.

He Just Had to Give it Another GO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    " I had to post this "

Really ??
    Well, well, well Cosborn just had to give it another go.
    He started a thread 6-19-2015 and you would think he heard enough about guns and what we think in America.
    Go figure ????
    GUNS ARE GOOD TO HAVE !!!

shooter
    If the OP thinks that they are gonna take our guns he is sadly mistaken. This country was built on revolution and there are still enough Patriots that it can happen again. The rest of the world might give em up like a bunch of pansies , that ain't happening here. Isis and what not can terrorize a bunch unarmed people. That shyt won't fly over here.

I wanna see them take the guns from the people in the swamps in the south and from the northern part of Idaho where there are certain pro white groups. Im sure there is also other places they would have fun getting ahold of the guns. Like my house. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

I don't own a gun but the world is pushing me towards the possibility.
    Comparing the US to Australia makes for some funny jokes about guns, but ultimately we are 2 completely different countries separated by, well, most of the planet.
    A major factor in gun violence that needs to be reduced is guns in the hands of the wrong people.
    Who are these wrong people?
    Criminals, unstable gun owners, irresponsible gun owners.
    Here is a map of St. Louis that shows exactly where some members of the above groups were in 2015 when their gun went off.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/multime...e8affa085.html
    I include any children who accidentally discharge a gun in the Irresponsible Gun Owners group due to their parents failings.

#1. Criminals - We'll never get rid of them. We put them behind bars then let them out for good behavior or over-crowding.
    #2. Unstable Gun Owners - Who's to decide? Also, some folks are fine all of their life and then turn googly-eyed and start shooting.
    #3. Irresponsible Gun Owners - This one could be easy if people were honest with themselves.
    -----Do you know where your wallet and your keys are at all times?
    -----Do you ever forget stuff in your car?
    -----Do you understand the idea of best practices but only follow them when it's convenient?
    -----Do you ever spin your gun on your finger like a gunfighter from a spaghetti western?
    -----Do you believe that your kid could never get up to that top shelf?
    #4. Regular, responsible gun owners.

The "wrong people" certainly make up a minority of gun owners, unfortunately their actions get all the press.
    Let's say, just for argument, that it's a 10/10/10/70% split. It would be a shit-ton of work, but if we rounded up all of the registered guns that would take guns out of the hands of groups 2,3,and 4 and leave them in the hands of the criminals. That's what they DO. Crime.
    How about put all of that effort into locking up the criminals?
    As long as we keep applying the same-old same-old to the criminals nothing will change.
    We are a nation in distress.

During this time of the year I quietly thank all the deer hunters for their efforts. There are so many deer around here that if you took away all the guns it would be impossible to use the roads within 10 years.

Guys, Guys, Guys.

I didn't post this in a malicious way, i simply found it amusing, and highlights the difference in our cultures which isn't saying that we are right and you are wrong, or you are right and we are wrong, simply saying that our cultures are different.
    Yes, most of our Police forces carry pistols now, not all of them though, we have the same problems as all other countries with multi racial societies, such as criminals, Ice etc.

Please accept this in the humorous light that it was intended, If I've ruffled a few feathers, I'm sorry.

We still love ya

Chris

The problem with comedian hacks is that they get a free pass to spread ignorance and crap just because it's humor. When jimmy fallon played the song lying ass bitch when Michelle Bachmann was introduced is ok, because it's all in humor right? The people walking from this hacks performance think they are smarter for being there when they are actually two steps behind an ignorant jackass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by cosborn View Post
    Guys, Guys, Guys.

I didn't post this in a malicious way, i simply found it amusing, and highlights the difference in our cultures which isn't saying that we are right and you are wrong, or you are right and we are wrong, simply saying that our cultures are different.
    Yes, most of our Police forces carry pistols now, not all of them though, we have the same problems as all other countries with multi racial societies, such as criminals, Ice etc.

Please accept this in the humorous light that it was intended, If I've ruffled a few feathers, I'm sorry.

We still love ya

Chris

I can't believe that our cultures are all that different. The differences pointed in the video are not primarily cultural, but legal. In every country I know about, gun ownership is a privilege. In the US, gun ownership is a constitutionally guaranteed right. Handed down from our founding fathers for good, sound reasons. Guns are simply a fact here. The majority of people in the US do not view guns as some kind of hot-button topic, unless serious, credible anti-gun political rhetoric surfaces. Then, obviously so. Our electoral process should demonstrate this sufficiently.

Gun stewardship is a serious but separate matter, alluded to previously. I am aware that our system isn't perfect, and that a few individuals can give us a black eye from time to time. My influence in my environment is exactly the same as yours. I can take care of my family, friends, property, etc. as best I can using anything at my disposal, material or otherwise. The laws governing the US are not the same as those of Australia, and never will be.

All that said, the video is pretty funny. I remember seeing it, or one by the same guy, during the limoles and bigbird times. It does not represent a threat to me or to my way of life, as the subject refers to a constitutionally guaranteed right, and not some kind of decision the President makes once a year. The audience heard laughing in approval is also not offensive or threatening to me. I am gonna wake up each day and do things I have always done, the way I have always done them, regardless of what anyone on any continent thinks about it. Just not a threat.

I am somewhat confused by the timing of the post, and by the notion that it was somehow necessary. Considering the target audience, I kinda disagree. But hey, knock yourself out.

shooter
    Very well said Bill.

+1... Great write up Bill....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com