Torque Loops - Need Reviews
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torque Loops - Need Reviews

Torque Loops - Need Reviews

I have read all of the threads on Torque Loops, and would like to hear from those who have installed, and have put a few miles on the bike, and see if they think it was worth it. How does the bike sound with stock pipes vs aftermarket pipes. And which aftermarket pipes sound best with Torque Loops? I assume there might have been a few bikes with Torque Loops and a variety of pipes at the rally. wish I could attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone56 View Post
    I have read all of the threads on Torque Loops, and would like to hear from those who have installed, and have put a few miles on the bike, and see if they think it was worth it. How does the bike sound with stock pipes vs aftermarket pipes. And which aftermarket pipes sound best with Torque Loops? I assume there might have been a few bikes with Torque Loops and a variety of pipes at the rally. wish I could attended.
    Definitely worth it, for me . Loopz will make the exhaust significantly louder whether with stock or ANY aftermarket slip-ons. It's surprising how much the cat muffles the exhaust. I have TBR slip-ons and it's pretty loud when you're "gassing" it. Otherwise, it's not annoying and the Loopz take care of drone. I'm a big fan of the Loopz.
    Ken (Hornblower)

I installed the TorqLoopz and Torqmaster Daytona pipes on my GL1800 two years ago. Once I got the installation completed properly...which was no small task...I loved the sound and performance of the pipes. I did have the ECM re-programmed by Guhl Motors, which in retrospect, may not have been necessary. I will have to say, this is not a job for the faint of heart. I'm no "gear-head" when it comes to wrenching, but consider myself fairly handy, maybe a 7 on a scale of 10...and this project took me all weekend (off and on) to complete. All that said, I still consider my TorqLoopz to be one of the more outstanding modifications I made to that bike.

Will I do it again? Not so sure...the new F6B already has a little more growl than a stock GL1800, so I'm going to ride it awhile, then decide on whether or not I need to install TorqLoopz, replace the seat, upgrade the suspension, etc. These were "must-do" mods to my GL1800 but may not be necessary on the F6B.

One final thought...if I was anywhere near the west coast I would gladly pay Jimmie Sones to do the install...
    2015 F6B deluxe matte silver
    2012 GL1800 level 3 pearl white
    2010 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    2001 GL1800 level 1 hot rod yellow
    VTX 1800
    VTX 1300

Tennessee Traveler #2

IBA member #48367
    SS 1,000 9/5/11
    BBG 1,500 3/16/13
    SS 2,000 3/16/13
    CC50 3/16/13
    Darkside #975
    Michelin Primacy Alpin RF 195/55R/16, 32#
    front Bridgestone G709, 36#

Amen, Big Cat! Not that it was ridiculously difficult but I did wind up installing mine twice to get it just right. Then again, I am pretty particular about things being "right". Anybody thinking of installing these might want to consider sending me a PM so I can offer a couple of installation tips. It could save you some "grief".
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thanks Big Cat and Hornblower!

I ran the Torque Loopz with the OEM mufflers on my 2013, the performance was a blast and immediately noticeable while the sound was just a tad deeper than stock, then I installed the Jekill & Hyde electrically adjustable exhaust system in conjunction with the Torque Loopz and the sound is just what I wanted mellow and deep when closed and roars like a Porsche on steroids when I twist up the wick while open.
    Here is link to my post of the install of the Jekill & Hyde system and below some pic of the Torque Loopz.
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...-first-startup

I had no problems with the install of the Torque Loopz, but I am a wrench when it comes to working on steel steeds. Take your time... measure twice and cut once an I think anyone can do the Torque Loopz, the worst part IMO is taking off and reinstalling all the tupperware in the proper order.
    One thing you have to do if you have a center stand is change where the rubber bump stop is located as you are removing the cats which is where the OEM bump stop is located. What you do is drill a hole in the left heat shield then trim the bump stop rubber on the side to let it seat in the curvature of the heat shield as you push the pointy end into the hole just like it is mounted OEM on the cat, you can see where it goes in the last pic below, this pic was taken before I panted the heat shields Hi-temp flat black(I painted the Torque Loopz Hi-temp silver).
    The Torque Loopz install instruction explain this with great pic, in fact the install instructions are very well done with good pic making it a "no guess" install IMO. Another thing I really liked was the all the parts that came with the Torque Loopz including the Torque Loopz were of top notch quality, A1+ welds and made to last the life of the bike.
    Would I buy and install them again?... HELL YA

Side Note: Jimmy Sones the owner of "Torq Master Pipes" http://www.torqmasterpipes.com/f6b%20honda.html
    will not sell or ship Torque Loopz in CALIF. even though they are made right here in southern CALIF. as they are not C.A.R.B. compliant since you are removing the Cats.
    I had my daughter in UT. order them and then when I took my yearly road trip to Ogden I pick them up at her house.

Performance wise....well let's just say I doubt any OEM F6B will out accelerate me in a straight line as long as they are carrying the same weight as me (400lbs).

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

BIGLRY--You're obviously more of a "wrench" than I am. Looking at your pics, I have one observation and one question. First, I see that you oriented the front clamp with the bolt head inboard. Having done this installation, I understand why you did that. OTOH, I don't think it's particularly intuitive to do it that way and I don't recall seeing any pics in the installation manual showing it that way. I was successful mounting that clamp with the bolt head outboard but pointing down. As I recall, doing it this way did cause a slight bulge in the lower bottom cover (just on the right side) but not a huge problem.

For my question...I didn't have any luck with the gasket maker Jimmy provides for sealing the front joint. When I first had leaks and had to reinstall, I bought some real muffler sealer to use and that seemed to work much better. The only other difficulty I had was the gaskets provided in the kit. IMHO, they are too short but that said, if you're really careful not to let them slide in too far, they can work satisfactorily. On my reinstall, I doubled up on those gaskets and that made the installation more fool proof. Any comments on these things you'd like to offer?
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    BIGLRY--You're obviously more of a "wrench" than I am. Looking at your pics, I have one observation and one question. First, I see that you oriented the front clamp with the bolt head inboard. Having done this installation, I understand why you did that. OTOH, I don't think it's particularly intuitive to do it that way and I don't recall seeing any pics in the installation manual showing it that way. I was successful mounting that clamp with the bolt head outboard but pointing down. As I recall, doing it this way did cause a slight bulge in the lower bottom cover (just on the right side) but not a huge problem. The pic are the first set up, I ended up changing the position of the clamps several times before settling on the final position as not to have the "slight bulge" and for ease of re-tighten if needed with everything together.

For my question...I didn't have any luck with the gasket maker Jimmy provides for sealing the front joint. When I first had leaks and had to reinstall, I bought some real muffler sealer to use and that seemed to work much better. The only other difficulty I had was the gaskets provided in the kit. IMHO, they are too short but that said, if you're really careful not to let them slide in too far, they can work satisfactorily. On my reinstall, I doubled up on those gaskets and that made the installation more fool proof. Any comments on these things you'd like to offer?
    Placement of the gasket is crucial...to far in and they will leak... same with to far out along with the clamps position over the slots. I changed out the rear clamps when I installed the Jekill & Hyde system as their SS, allen head muffler clamps are very heavy duty so you can really crank down on them(upper left in pic) I also use a torque wrench to set the clamps and did it several times and once after getting the system hot then letting it cool down before a re-torque which is what I suggest when tightening any fasteners that get hot on an exhaust system i.e. header nuts and such.

Accesseories.jpg

Cool

I can't anything about the installation cause mine came on the bike with Torquemasters as well. LOVE the sound every time I go through he gears. Nice and mild cruising above 3000 RPM, no drone. Definitely a kick butt Porsche sound. Puuurfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donncat View Post
    I can't anything about the installation cause mine came on the bike with Torquemasters as well. LOVE the sound every time I go through he gears. Nice and mild cruising above 3000 RPM, no drone. Definitely a kick butt Porsche sound. Puuurfect.
    I found a sound bite that is exactly like my F6B with Torque Loopz and the "Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde" exhaust system when in the open position.
    The second sound test at 1:40, I kid you not, my F6B sound just like this when I start it, open the exhaust and I twist up the wick accelerating through the gears. I love it.

https://youtu.be/L9qZLPc1up4