Perhaps some encouraging news...I was at my Honda-HD dealer yesterday changing bikes as I indicated above, and Carlos from Honda Customer Service called them to confirm they existed and what phone number they normally used. Seems like an odd question as obviously they answered his call. Whatever.

They paged me and I spoke with him regarding the warranty claim/paint issues. He was just finishing their internal paperwork trail and said he'd get back at some point if there was and development. Not sure what that meant, but at least they're aware of our concerns.

I am still concerned even though I no longer own the F6B as I've a chosen responsibility to ensure the paint is taken care of for any new owner along with the dealer. Even though the warranty is transferable, sometimes the new owner is unknown to Honda for some time, so he may contact me first.

I finessed the bike before sale with the recommended 3-M product, Honda spray polish, and it looked good. Hope it finds a good home with a happy owner.