Bad Paint....New Thread !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Paint....New Thread !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JKelly I agree with all you stated.And Miles I have filed a complaint with Honda at all levels.Been to the dealer four times,talked to the district rep,talked to Honda on the phone and all I get is the same song and dance as others here have.My time is more important then to let this issue stress me out.I really never thought Honda was going to do anything and my love for this bike overrides my hate for the paint.Is it right to get crap paint on a 20 grand bike-Hell no!But I will save my pennies and get a really nice paint job in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    JKelly I agree with all you stated.And Miles I have filed a complaint with Honda at all levels.Been to the dealer four times,talked to the district rep,talked to Honda on the phone and all I get is the same song and dance as others here have.My time is more important then to let this issue stress me out.I really never thought Honda was going to do anything and my love for this bike overrides my hate for the paint.Is it right to get crap paint on a 20 grand bike-Hell no!But I will save my pennies and get a really nice paint job in the future.
    Probably a good way to be, I let it get to me and stress about a lot of crap I really cant do much about but damn, this really pisses me off to no end every time I look or think about it. Kinda like being ripped off I guess but in the end you are correct.

I have seen the bad paint on F6B's in the showroom at the dealership I purchased from.
    I must be the lucky one as I have to say of all the black vehicles I have had, my last bike was black and my current car is black, my F6B is no worse than any other black vehicles I have owned.

The first thing I did when I got the bike home was give it a good polish with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound and then applied 3 coats of Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax. In between I detail and remove bugs with Meguiar's Quick Detailer Spray. I use the Quick Detail Spray after dusting with my California Car duster and apply and remove with a couple of borderless super thick micro fiber cloths. I have only had to wash my bike about 4 times so far. After every wash I will work on any minor marks with the Compound and then I always apply a complete new coat of wax after washing.
    I always get compliments on the shine of the paint. I don't log the miles that some of you do but I do have 10,000 kilometeres on it as of today. My last bike had 6000 when I sold it and it's paint was far worse than the F6B.
    It does take alot of work to maintain but I enjoy it as its like therapry for me on a rainy day to head to the garage and shine it up.

Thats just my experience to date with the F6B and its paint and it certainly appears I am in the minority of those who are satisfied.

Beagle

bad paint

sounds like we need a lawyer. class-action time

Lucky Club

I'm in the same lucky club with Alberta Beagle and have no issues with my black F6B, VIN 1072.
    I currently own 6 black vehicles and the F6B is no better or worse than any of the others. Our bikes must have been painted on the day they remembered to add the drying accelerant to the paint.

I was one of the guys that posted red cloth pix. I showed the bike to the dealer in May (3 weeks old) and he filled out an RO. He called me back at the end of June telling me that Honda was aware of the paint issues on the f6b. He said they were collecting data and wanted to know the brand of microfiber and wax (nu finish) that I used. I sent the info to him along with pix of the cloth. I haven't heard anything since, so I'm taking Miles' lead and calling Honda directly.
    My VIN is 355.

Went by the Honda shop today to check on my Warranty claim.... and was informed by the Service Manager that he was TOLD to close out my claim and it would be entertained by Honda themselves...WTF,,,,,,, Got busy the rest of this afternoon but will call Honda in the AM and see what is up ?????????????????????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Went by the Honda shop today to check on my Warranty claim.... and was informed by the Service Manager that he was TOLD to close out my claim and it would be entertained by Honda themselves...WTF,,,,,,, Got busy the rest of this afternoon but will call Honda in the AM and see what is up ?????????????????????
    Steve this is the same run around my Local service manager has given me.He states nothing on his end can be done unless Honda tells him to do so.Honda tells me I do not know how to clean my bike right.I knew from the get go Honda would do nothing and all the bitchin here has proved me right.One has to accept the fact they will have to paint there bike to make it right and if you want Honda to do that it's lawyer time.Don't know if I want the stress of all that and will do my own paint job one of these winters when I get sick of polishing this paint.Good luck getting something done as after 4 trips to my dealer and many phone calls with no one giving a damn I am done.Lifes to short

I stopped by my dealer today and showed the paint to the SM on duty. He said come by or call monday and he'd contact his Tech Rep about what to do next. So I will.

We both put our thumbs on clean paint, twisted them, and left swirls.

Bring it to the headquarters in Japan. The website page address below is for them.
    http://www.world.honda.com/group/HondaMotor/index.html
    Sometimes it may need to be addressed to the horse's face instead of his butt.
    When I don't get satisfaction from the locals I rattle the big dogs cage.
    I had an HD Ultra Classic that was a pain in the butt, the dealer jerked me around, I took the complaint to Milwaukee and the dealer had a good chewing from HQ and the trike was finally repaired. Got rid of the POS a year later and bought a GL1500.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.