Quote Originally Posted by Westernbiker View Post
I guess my question is.......why do some have an issue with paint and some do not. I, fortunatly, do not have a paint issue. If their (Honda) paint process has not be changed, then all of us should have the issue. Maybe they (Honda) noticed the issue on the first run lot of plastic and then fixed it? Are these plastic panels painted and more than one facility? Could be one facility has the wrong process? I waxed my bike last week for the foirst time and NO paint on cloth. I am concerned about no clear coat and I am going to look into clear coat of the panels I have, if that can even be done. I have a very good friend who is a custom painter and he will know if it can be done. Good luck to all of you who do have a paint problem, I do hope you get it fixed.
When I first got my bike I thought my paint was fine too. But I did notice the "feel" of the paint was not right. It didn't feel smooth to the touch like a quality paint would. I also noticed there are inconsistencies in the different areas of the paint. If my whole bike was painted like the front fender was I wouldn't have an issue but the rear in is the worst part of my bike. It's always scratched easy but then I noticed red showing up on my wax pad(that's never a good sign). I also had a spot of grease or something on it and when I wiped it off it showed a raised area. All of these signs tell me that this is an inferior paint job. The paint should feel glass smooth after waxing it and it just doesn't in most areas.

I've been down to the dealership and they have taken pictures and sent them into Honda(I hope) and filled out the form. I guess we need to just keep making noise. It angers me to hear them say they haven't had very many complaints.

I'm sure you will start seeing the same issues after time. I'm sorry to say.