I was tempted by a loud, all engine machine...even the BMW or Triumph Trophy (not loud but "motorcycle" look. What I finally saw in the 6 aside from dealer nearby and legendary reliability, was a unique machine with a futuristic but classic look-sort of a decco style-remember bucky fuller's dymaxion car? My wife hates it-she likes my Triumph thunderbird much better, but she doesnt ride and isn't as tuned to the fact that almost every other bike around here is a chromed twin-ohhh look, a black harley. Well, I still like the big twins- especially something as retro as an indian- but I like being a little different- the real answer is that cycle guys need more than one bike! Hey I STARTED riding at 57- I'm 68 and have had four bikes- still have three of them and would gladely get more...you can tell your wife this will be your last bike- but unless you know something you havent revealed (medically) don't tell US it'll be the last!! enjoy the hunt-and remember it's unlikely your decision will be wrong-conversely, you'll probably second guess yourself. Be grateful these are the problems you face!