OK, sell me on the F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK, sell me on the F6B

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The wives must be out of town. I originally was going to post 'cause I like it'. Guys make us look bad. Where's Phantom?
    Don't tell on em. You always was a tattletale. That time I shot old lady Sims in the azz with my slingshot you told my dad on me. These guys are just having a slow day.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Don't tell on em. You always was a tattletale. That time I shot old lady Sims in the azz with my slingshot you told my dad on me. These guys are just having a slow day.
    Did you 2 actually know each other as children, or is this just a schtick (e.g. monkey woman) ?

If this is a minus; "Does not have old-school look nor much chrome" you should get the Indian. The B will never appeal to your personal aesthetic.
    While you can't see much of a bike when you're riding it's nice to spend your money on something that makes you go "ooooh".
    The Honda may be a trouble-free ride for the remainder of your riding years but in the end you'll look at it and say "meh.".
    If the Indian spends half it's time in the shop you'll still be happy for the other half. When you retire from riding you'll look at the Indian with pride and joy even after all the issues and say, "OOOOOH YEAAAHHHH!"
    (there may never be issues with the Indian, just demonstrating how a bias can affect our experience.)

The negative items for the B were about the actual bike, the negatives for Indian were about the brand and the price.
    Sounds like you don't have any issues with one of the bikes, buy that one.

Hey, lhurker!
    Pros and cons are a matter of personal perspective.
    For example, of the four positives you listed for the Indian, for me the first two would be negatives, and the third would be a neutral, at best.
    I'm not big on the idea of loading 111ci into just two air-cooled cylinders (I'm happier spreading 1832cc out over six radiator-cooled cylinders on the F6B for one of the smoothest, most power-packed rides in motorcycling); I prefer shaft drive to belt drive; and tons of chrome, while perhaps looking excellent, translates for me into more time polishing and less time riding.
    Both bikes have a lot going for them - just in different ways.
    Pick what turns you on - there's plenty of objective positive information available to rationalize your decision, either way!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Oh your dad let your mom switch that behind. I never did say sorry.

Hey OP, you will love the Indian around town. But you want a travel cruiser, a reliable bike for long trips? Then you need the B
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Did you 2 actually know each other as children, or is this just a schtick (e.g. monkey woman) ?
    We grew up next door to each other. Well 2nd grade on. Best friends till he married my girlfriend. I forgave him after the divorce.

shooter
    I agree with Stro OP. I've ridden a lot of bikes. For purely getting down the road in comfort and style and for ultimate reliability choose the B.

I was in the same position....couldn't decide which way to go. Never rode either one. I chose the Honda for the history of reliability. That was it. My buddy has a 2015 Roadmaster and was on me hard to go the Indian route. He wants to try mine one day. Just hope I get the buzz out, because this bike has balls and rides on a rail.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I was tempted by a loud, all engine machine...even the BMW or Triumph Trophy (not loud but "motorcycle" look. What I finally saw in the 6 aside from dealer nearby and legendary reliability, was a unique machine with a futuristic but classic look-sort of a decco style-remember bucky fuller's dymaxion car? My wife hates it-she likes my Triumph thunderbird much better, but she doesnt ride and isn't as tuned to the fact that almost every other bike around here is a chromed twin-ohhh look, a black harley. Well, I still like the big twins- especially something as retro as an indian- but I like being a little different- the real answer is that cycle guys need more than one bike! Hey I STARTED riding at 57- I'm 68 and have had four bikes- still have three of them and would gladely get more...you can tell your wife this will be your last bike- but unless you know something you havent revealed (medically) don't tell US it'll be the last!! enjoy the hunt-and remember it's unlikely your decision will be wrong-conversely, you'll probably second guess yourself. Be grateful these are the problems you face!

I was curious about the Indian owner's perspective on the OP's question. I figured he probably asked the same question on an Indian forum and sure enough, he did: http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/thr...ieftain.12178/
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon