OK, sell me on the F6B - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK, sell me on the F6B

Atlanta Dragway......4 passes....best 11.97 Need I say more?

Typical forum chat...everyone talks up what they ride. One guy said our bike doesn't have cruise. Shouldn't dis something when you don't know what you're talking about.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by glryder98 View Post
    Atlanta Dragway......4 passes....best 11.97 Need I say more?
    Sweet. What was top speed? Do you know your shift points? Did you make it to 5th?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Typical forum chat...everyone talks up what they ride. One guy said our bike doesn't have cruise. Shouldn't dis something when you don't know what you're talking about.
    I dunno, they seem pretty knowledgeable about dis 6BF thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

For me it comes down to where I want to spend my limited precious time ….

Polishing, cleaning, wrenching, putting limited miles on the bike because the chrome and bike would get dirty, worrying if I break down in the middle of nowhere, do I want to spend my vacation money at the repair shop or on vacation? etc etc etc.

or

Just take the power washer to the bike then just ride my Couch Rocket with absolutely no worries and a big ole grin on my face

I'll get back to you with my decision

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

It's nice to finally have a bike where you don't have to agonize over the look of the wheels. That flat black powder coating on the wheels; is a gift sent from the motorcycle gods. You can't even tell if the wheels are dirty.

No more chrome. Never, ever again.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It's nice to finally have a bike where you don't have to agonize over the look of the wheels. That flat black powder coating on the wheels; is a gift sent from the motorcycle gods. You can't even tell if the wheels are dirty.

Even this paint...pretty much wipe it down and forget it. I haven't touched the wheels yet either. I was a fanatic on my previous bike.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Tough Call

I may have missed this, but do you plan on hauling a passenger? If so, my wife says our B has the most comfortable passenger setup she's ridden. Also, I understand your desire for classic styling and the v-twin's rumble. I still think about what could have been if I pulled the trigger on a H-D Heritage Soft Tail. If I had to make the decision again, I'd get the B. It's just so quick and smooth.

One guy's story

Some people buy bikes for looks, some to show off, and some actually buy bikes to ride!
    That's why when someone starts bragging on their ride I ask them to turn their key on. Then I can see their odometer reading! That tells me what they really know about bikes.
    That being said, I had the same problem. I had been looking at new bikes for 2 years and even though I had cash on hand I was still unable to pull the trigger. I had ridden the chieftain and loved the bike but the near $30k with tax price tag plus the limited amount of dealers with an even more limited amount of experienced mechanics made me hesitate.
    Then one sunny day I was in my dealers show room picking up parts for my other bike and I walked over and sat down on the 2013 F6 that I had previously sat on many times before over the past 2 years. One of the salesmen came over and asked if I was interested. They still had the original $22k price sticker on the bike. So I pointed at it and said not at that price. He then advised me that Honda had a special promotion deal going and he could let it go for $15k. I was taken aback but being 69 years old I said I'll think about it. I started to walk out the door. Then the brain farted and I said to myself what the heck am I waiting for. I ordered an about face.
    I thru down my credit card and told them I wanted it lowered 1" and I wanted a higher windshield installed.
    My first bike was a 57 Indian chief that I had bought in 1964 so I really had some after thoughts. But then again I've had a few bikes since then. Most were good experiences except maybe for my AMF Harley.
    Mind you I had never ridden an f6B! As I've already stated it was a sunny day and it turned into perhaps one of my luckiest. 3 days later when I picked up the bike and rode it for the first time I knew it wasn't a good decision it was a great decision!
    By the way 4 months later my odometer reads 6000 miles. Each day I fall deeper in love with this bike it's not perfect but then again love affairs never are!
    About, Honda, I just had the recall done. All parts, fluids and labor were free and the dealer bought me coffee and donuts

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

Sacreligious!!!