OK, sell me on the F6B - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OK, sell me on the F6B

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Typical forum chat...everyone talks up what they ride. One guy said our bike doesn't have cruise. Shouldn't dis something when you don't know what you're talking about.
    I got the feeling that they were more respectful [?] of the Hondas reliability and ride than we were of their brand. (for a good reason)

OTOH your point about cruisecontrol ignorance was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    I got the feeling that they were more respectful [?] of the Hondas reliability and ride than we were of their brand. (for a good reason)

OTOH your point about cruisecontrol ignorance was spot on.
    I'm on an Indian forum....haven't gone back since I bought the 6. I wasn't sure which direction I was going. My 9 forum is the same way. We all bleed what we ride...lol They were cool for the most part. Just don't like someone saying something that isn't true. I went the reliability route, along with comfort and visibility. The Cheiftan has a lot of nice features. It's more expensive too.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

i totally agree with what you said about the Beautiful B!!!! i am a female owner of the F6B and i get on that bike and i just dont want to get off of it. i did swap out my seat, replace the windshield, want more mods but i got the important things done - that bike is so comfortable i can just keep on going and going and going!!!

that's my 2 cents worth = don't comment much on here but had to this time. Enjoy what ever bike you decide on!!

Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I had 2 Victorys---one had the belt chirp. Go over to the Victory and Indian forums and it is a mixed bag as far as responses to the problem. Some guys got new sprockets and some---like my dealer---played dumb to the issue and was happy to replace it at full MSRP and $90 hour labor charge. But that was Vic. I rode all the Indian models and they are a quality bikes. My concern would be dealer support and the price associated with it. I have experienced quite a bit of "heartburn" and "elevated anger issues" in dealing with Polaris on the most simple items. Not sure about Indian, but with Vic, ALL warranty work must be given written permission before work is started and even then, the wait for parts can be excessive. (Google is your friend) How close is your Indain dealer? Closest to me is over 150 miles away and if he doesn't make you happy, then how about 200 miles? That being said, bot of my Victorys were quality machines, but if you want to add accessories, at this stage of production your only option is Indian. That may not sound like a big deal, but on my Cross Roads, when I went to add a backrest and luggage rack, there was one option and the combo was close to 1K. Yep---that is not a misprint. Look it up.

Now for the F6B, the dealer thingy is not an issue for 2 reasons. 1) they are all over the place and 2) you never need them because it never breaks down. There are more goodies for the B than I could ever afford---remember there are a ton of Wings on the street and almost everything that fits a wing can fit the B. There is also a reason this generation of Wing/F6B has been in production for well over a decade. Personally, after years polishing chrome on Harleys, I am happy to wash my bike and be done in 10 minutes, but that is just me.

My biggest issue with the B will most likely be yours. You will spend money making the seat, bars and windshield fit your specific body. Some guys fit from the stocj OEM position, but most have to change something. Once you do that, you will have the best combination of comfort and touring----then when you open it up on the twisties you will most likely be able to hang with the sportbike crowd, too.

I'm done!

BTW---welcome to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Sweet. What was top speed? Do you know your shift points? Did you make it to 5th?

109mph ......red line at shift points...... only used 4 gears........ I just love this bike!!!!

Much awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Indian is just plain ugly.
    F6 is a thing of beauty

Or = Feed the troll an F6B

After many hours of research and time spent on looking at a small bank account, I decided the best bang for the buck was the F6B. So it boiled down to money and comfort being the deciding factor. Now I could use some advice on who to vote for, Hillary or Trump?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Well, I have to agree with most posts on here, but you answered your question in your original post when you said

"As I’m 55, this would probably be the last bike I’d ever own. I want to ride, too, not wrench. Reliability and low maintenance are key."

If this is truly what you want the answer is clear! Most of us here are in your age bracket and bought the 6 for the same reasons.

If you have not ridden a 6 I recommend you do, our forum members are very friendly (except Stro) . maybe you can find one of them near you to test drive the last bike you will own.

Good Luck on your decision and never look back!

Maintenance Log- Changed oil with Rotella T6 every 5k, Changed tires at 14k, Recall 17k. Current mileage 23k. Is that low enough maintenance?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    After many hours of research and time spent on looking at a small bank account, I decided the best bang for the buck was the F6B. So it boiled down to money and comfort being the deciding factor. Now I could use some advice on who to vote for, Hillary or Trump?
    Why are we always faced with which of the two evils to go with?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt