FOBO TPMS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOBO TPMS

FOBO TPMS

On Monday I ordered from www.fobobikesales.com (Bob) a set of black FOBO bike sensors. Today on Thursday USPS delivered them. So I read the directions and downloaded the app. To my iPhone. Then I turned on Bluetooth and set up my bike profile. Then it was time to sync the sensors. This process took a little time and rereading the directions but finally I got the connection. I can't believe the variance of temperature and pressure. Here is some pics.

Attachment 14755. Attachment 14756

Dang photos!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Did you change out the 90 degree valve stems for straight metal ones ?

Had them for several months
    Love them
    Bob Weatherford
    12 Goldwing
    13 F6b

Does that mean they are accurate or a problem ?????

** When you go to your photo file...try selecting one ...go thru the process and then another...see if this helps...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have had them for a month or more and when I add air the sensors read very close to my gauge (no more than 1 lb +/-). I have the Harley Davidson gauge I bought for my old Fatboy so it is probably perfect right? The change in temp and pressure change as you ride really surprised me also.

Have you figured out how to get the Fobo app to start after you restart your phone? I have to turn my phone off and put it in a locker before going into work everyday. Some times I forget to restart the Fobo app. If it is not started I do not get warnings that the tires are low while I sleep at night or walk up to the bike before a ride.

One thing I learned is that if you do not have a compressor in your garage and you have to ride to a compressor to put air in your tires the readings will be way off.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Did you change out the 90 degree valve stems for straight metal ones ?
    Nope, centrifuge pressure only pulls them outward which is only about 1/8" before the cap makes contact with the wheel.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Does that mean they are accurate or a problem ?????

** When you go to your photo file...try selecting one ...go thru the process and then another...see if this helps...
    Nether Steve, just surprised at the variance of running temps and pressure. When I got home I had just ran 20 miles. After about an hour of figuringing everthing out the rear tire was still over 100 degrees. After about 3 hours the tires were down in the 80's. The rear tire varied from 55psi down to 39 psi. So the question is do I set the tires cold temp to 41 still?
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016

That is my concern because what temperature is the cold setting? It varies every day doesn't it? I have always heard you change the pressure in your tires for summer and winter.

I guess if we set the tire pressure when the tires cold or at normal temp before the bike is ridden on an average day then that is the best we can do.
    Steve

Do you live "DownUnder" ?

No but I use a Ipad, and that's what happens, no matter which way you seem to turn the camera.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016