shift linkage

Thread: shift linkage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

shift linkage

Rode down to San Diego yesterday with two of my buddies, we met up with Daniel from DHS Racing and he installed his new shift linkage on our bikes. The benifits for my buddy with big feet is he gets a full range of adjustment. For me and my other buddy we got it mainly for the shorter and crisper shift, we are all happy with the results. A quality made product. Oh yea we got to meet Rocky and between the both of them they had many stories and tips to tell. Thank You both for a great and productive day.

Link,prices,pic's.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Link,prices,pic's.....
    "...
    Honda GL-1800 Shifter Lever Upgrade (Instructions)

Have you ever wanted to adjust the height of your shifter. Do you want to shorten the shift action to achieve a more positive shift. This kit will do both. Our Rod Ends are tighter than Honda's stock economy ends (see video). With stock shifter you can raise or lower in approx 1" increments. With our kit you can raise or lower in approx 3/16" increments. With our kit you have the option to use the existing hole and maintain the stock shifter throw or you can drill an additional hole and shorten the throw by 30%. If you send me your shifter I will install the kit and turn it around to you in 1 day or you can buy the kit and install it yourself (Instructions are included)

P/N DHS-11252-kit only Price $35.00 (shipping included)

P/N DHS-11252-complete Price $55.00 (shipping included) (requires you send me your shifter. E-mail me for details)
    ..."

http://www.dhsracing.com/GL-1800.htm

Looks similar to aftermarket linkages offered for the BMW LT's. They removed some of the slop and had much larger ball end bolts, that failed pretty regular. I had one break on me on a 200 mile ride. Luckily I was at the end and only had to ride about 2 miles, stuck in second gear.

Price looks to be very reasonable.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    "...
    Honda GL-1800 Shifter Lever Upgrade (Instructions)

Have you ever wanted to adjust the height of your shifter. Do you want to shorten the shift action to achieve a more positive shift. This kit will do both. Our Rod Ends are tighter than Honda's stock economy ends (see video). With stock shifter you can raise or lower in approx 1" increments. With our kit you can raise or lower in approx 3/16" increments. With our kit you have the option to use the existing hole and maintain the stock shifter throw or you can drill an additional hole and shorten the throw by 30%. If you send me your shifter I will install the kit and turn it around to you in 1 day or you can buy the kit and install it yourself (Instructions are included)

P/N DHS-11252-kit only Price $35.00 (shipping included)

P/N DHS-11252-complete Price $55.00 (shipping included) (requires you send me your shifter. E-mail me for details)
    ..."

http://www.dhsracing.com/GL-1800.htm

Thanks Tim

To the members who have installed this, does it help with the clunky shifting, particularly from 1st to 2nd?

I thought about installing that linkage but my common sense side and mechanical skills tell me that if the original issue is just 1st to 2nd gear then it has to be originating in the gear box. If it was a slop issue it would be in all gears....JMO.