F6B and minor buffeting issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F6B and minor buffeting issue

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    If the Honda shield has a vent, opening it up will mostly eliminate the vacuum. #1 on the Madstad though.
    It does have the vent and i have played with every position .Noticed subtle changes but no position solved it. Sounds like i need to look hard at that madstad

I also have a 2007 Harley fatboy with a detachable windshield. I couldn't even use the shield unless i wanted my brain shook loose. I finally purchased a set of fangs which mount on the front fork(fork lowers) Wow made a big difference and i can now use the shield and it all works acceptably(for a fatboy) Bought this Goldwing so I really don't need the windshield on the fatboy nor the lowers as the Harley will now be for short runs only. With this new F6B I am hoping for a perfect little pocket of still air and a nice comfortable riding position . (next post will be driver backrest related). Got it a few weeks ago and rode about 420 miles so far here in NJ. I have to say that I love this Honda!!!!

We are about 100 miles apart, I'm in Danbury CT
    But if you want I have a few windshields you can try. One is a stock Goldwing shield drilled for a F6B, or a V-Stream also drilled for the F6B.
    I even have a Stock seat with a Utopia Backrest mounted. All you can try or buy.

Now all that being said, I have all those two plus a Honda Tall shield for sale because I ended up with a Madstad..

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    +1 on the Madstad, solved it for me and my passenger.
    You could fuss about with this or that thing or other, or just get a Madstad and be done with it. They're that good.

SierraKen

Windbender

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Purchased a black 2013 F6B a few weeks ago. As a matter of fact it is the one in the forum classifieds. Fellow that sold it to me was indeed a pleasure to work with and we had a real smooth transaction !!! It has the Vance and Hines Monster squared pipes which sound sweet .I absolutely love them. It also came with a few other accessories. One of them is the tall Honda windshield (16.5 inches)with a vent. I am 5'10" and I look over the shield which may come up to my nose? Ok,now to the point: The first time I took the bike for a ride i was very surprised that it felt like someone was behind me pushing me forward !!!! my first thought was "you have got to be kidding me" . I purchased this bike hoping to be in a pocket of non turbulence at all speeds. So I installed the baker hand wings but they didn't really seem to help much as I am still getting pushed forward(vacuum effect?). I am also experiencing buffeting around the head. I do wear a full face so there is a lot of helmet up there. Its mostly at speeds over 70. Now its not bothersome for short rides but I really don't think I could enjoy a ride at sustained speeds over 70. If I lean forward about 6" and down about 6" so i am looking through the windshield and I'm closer to the shield I find its relatively calm. I know there are lots of posts about windshields out there and that I probably need to switch it for another. But If any have thoughts or first hand experience on how to lick this problem please let me know. Thanks Russ
    Consider a Windbender screen. I had one on my full Wing and have one now on my F6B. It's fully adjustable and produces still air in front of me with no buffeting up to at least 100 mph on the F6b and higher on the full Wing. High quality, superb service from the supplier. IMHO there is not a better shield. I haven't tried all but several on both the bikes. The Windbender stands above all I've tried (baggarshield, OEM tall, OEM short and Clearview). Good luck in your search.

You really don't know buffeting until you have ridden a Victory Cross Country. I never noticed it being that bad on the B, but then again I went from OEM to Klockwerks to Bagger shield and finally to Madstad. Add another guy happy with the Madstad. I hear the Wind Bended is pretty much the same thing.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    You really don't know buffeting until you have ridden a Victory Cross Country. I never noticed it being that bad on the B, but then again I went from OEM to Klockwerks to Bagger shield and finally to Madstad. Add another guy happy with the Madstad. I hear the Wind Bended is pretty much the same thing.
    How do you manage a heavy downpour of rain with the Madstad; specifically in the area where the windstream is cutting below the windshield when you have it angled?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I see that the madstad has 3 sizes offered for the F6B. They have a chart which suggests that at 5'10" I would fall under the smallest offering of 11" ? Seems awful small ! They also offer a 13" and a 15". Any thoughts on sizes? I would very unhappy if i bought a 11" and it just wasn't big enough to do the job If the 13 or 15" isnt going to block my view set at a low lvl why not get one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by DaWadd View Post
    If the Honda shield has a vent, opening it up will mostly eliminate the vacuum. #1 on the Madstad though.
    +1 on the above quote. Personally don't know if I could live with the appearance or bracketry of the Madstad. The OEM tall shield is fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    +1 on the above quote. Personally don't know if I could live with the appearance or bracketry of the Madstad. The OEM tall shield is fine for me.
    Same here. I did have a Madstadt mounted on my DL650 Vstrom a long time ago... but that was OK since it was an ugly motorcycle anyway.

The F6B is much more graceful and sleeker looking.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537