Fuel/Gas Prices - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel/Gas Prices

shooter
    Wayne I get my best prices and service from them. No complaints.

You would here too. We're a fairly large company and cover a multi state area...we're a target, not a customer!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    This could be due to the devalued dollar...What ever the reason or who is behind it...it's getting ready to BLOW !!!!!!
    Steve I don't think anyone knows when or where but I wish you did I would follow your lead !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Gas is still right around 2.00 a gallon here in Northern Nevada but we do have higher gas tax then a lot of states-good news is they use it to keep our roads in really great condition.You can always tell when you cross into California from Nevada as your suspension really starts to work hard.With the stock market doing what the media calls a readjustment LOL.What is going to get hit hard is public pension funds which need those investments to keep up with all the projected costs.Wait till states and citys start cutting back on retirees $'s.Let the crying begin.But the 1% keep paying themselves no matter what the economic climate-CEO of JP Morgan just gave himself a 35% raise to 27 million while his company laid off 6700 middle class jobs in 2015.Wonder if he is worried about fuel prices for his private jet or Bentley!

Just paid $1.47 for regular in northern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Last summer a barrel of crude was slightly over $100. Now it is around $27. A barrel hold 55 gallons, and there are 4 quarts in each gallon. So there are 220 quarts in each barrel. Since the price of a barrel has dropped by approx. $75, or 75%, why do we still pay between $4 -$6 for a quart of oil at our Dealers and auto parts stores. Gas should not be the only petroleum product that the price should drop significantly. Some how, the oil companies are still making very good profits, despite what we see on Wall Street.
    Oil comes in 42 gallon bbls has to be highly refined depending on gravity, the blacker the lower the grade, WTI (West Texas Intermediate) where i'm from is a middle grade, I'm not a chemist so can't tell you what yield is on oil to gas, but 1 bbl oil will yield from mineral spirits to grease.

You are correct, my mistake on the comment of 55 gallons in a bbl of crude. I did a Google search on the issue of, how much gasoline from 1 bb of crude. The answer I got was, crude is heated to 370 degrees. it evaporates, and the lighter molecules rise up 1st, then is separated, and cooled back to liquid form. These are usually gasoline products, then a bit heavier for diesel, etc. The article stated a 42 gal bbl of crude will produce approximately 19 gallons of gas, 10 gallons of diesel, 4 gallons of jet fuel, and 9 gallons of "other" petrol products. That is a lot of products from a $27 barrel. Anyway, I'm no chemist, so I can't verify what the article stated. I was just interested. I am enjoying filling my fuel tank nowdays. Was $1.67 in town today.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Gas is still right around 2.00 a gallon here in Northern Nevada but we do have higher gas tax then a lot of states-good news is they use it to keep our roads in really great condition.You can always tell when you cross into California from Nevada as your suspension really starts to work hard.With the stock market doing what the media calls a readjustment LOL.What is going to get hit hard is public pension funds which need those investments to keep up with all the projected costs.Wait till states and citys start cutting back on retirees $'s.Let the crying begin.But the 1% keep paying themselves no matter what the economic climate-CEO of JP Morgan just gave himself a 35% raise to 27 million while his company laid off 6700 middle class jobs in 2015.Wonder if he is worried about fuel prices for his private jet or Bentley!
    IL has the highest fuel taxes in the nation but it doesn't help our roads, our politicians steal it all. Our last 2 governors were in prison at the same time but final one of them got out. Our last one is in his 2nd year of an 14 year sentence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

shooter
    You've got a president that should be in the same cell with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    IL has the highest fuel taxes in the nation but it doesn't help our roads, our politicians steal it all. Our last 2 governors were in prison at the same time but final one of them got out. Our last one is in his 2nd year of an 14 year sentence
    Indiana is worse, they are now talking about passing a wheel tax. Right now I have 18 wheels in my garage and may have to think about selling a vehicle or two if this crappy law passes.
    JAYGO