2017 Rally - Ideas for Rides & Things to Do - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2017 Rally - Ideas for Rides & Things to Do

Cool

FYI... down the road about a mile is Bennets Pit BBQ.... Outstanding BBQ and plenty of room... maybe we can meet here for dinner one of the nights !!!!!

http://www.bennettsbbq.com

27 days and counting !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    FYI... down the road about a mile is Bennets Pit BBQ.... Outstanding BBQ and plenty of room... maybe we can meet here for dinner one of the nights !!!!!

http://www.bennettsbbq.com

27 days and counting !!!!!
    I think you posted the link to Bennett's BBQ before... and I am definitely going to consume a meal (or two) there. The hell with my diet for this upcoming Rally...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I think you posted the link to Bennett's BBQ before... and I am definitely going to consume a meal (or two) there. The hell with my diet for this upcoming Rally...
    yum...

Okay, for those folks with Garmins, I have converted the Google Maps from the first post to .gpx format. They can be accessed here, downloaded to your computer, then uploaded to your GARMIN device. Rather than doing the conversion myself, I used this handy dandy little converter:

https://mapstogpx.com/

The links to these maps are:

{Removed by Moderator at OP request due to incorrect data.}

DISCLAIMER: I see no issues with these files, but I neither created the Google Maps they were created from, nor built the converter. If you want to use them, feel free, but don't come looking for me at the rally if the maps didn't work to the upmost degree. If you want to come looking for me at the rally to buy me a beer, (as long as I'm done riding for the day), feel absolutely free to do so!

Jeff - thank you VERY much for doing this for us all!
    If anyone has any issues? They can come see me first as I made the bloody maps.
    Again, thanks and we'll all benefit from your efforts!

Cheers,
    Steve

You're welcome, Steve. I'll throw another map together, to cover the route that BobR has mentioned, in case people want to ride that at a time other than he is leading it.

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I know on one day of the rally I told my wife that we would go white water rafting and then meet up with everyone afterward.
    That sounds awesome!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Garmin Maps

Moderators, can you delete the post above with the links to the Garmin maps? I can't edit the post, or I would do it myself.

After hearing from another member, I loaded the Garmin maps into BaseCamp, and found that the directions are all over the map, no pun intended. The Google Maps to .gpx converter I used gets great reviews, but in this case, it didn't work very well, so the maps shouldn't be used. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Moderators, can you delete the post above with the links to the Garmin maps? I can't edit the post, or I would do it myself.

After hearing from another member, I loaded the Garmin maps into BaseCamp, and found that the directions are all over the map, no pun intended. The Google Maps to .gpx converter I used gets great reviews, but in this case, it didn't work very well, so the maps shouldn't be used. Thanks.
    Done. Pity they didn't work out.
    All members are advised to NOT use the links in the post.
    Links have been removed.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce