What are some of your Regrets in life ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your Regrets in life ?

Regrets

Their just loose gear on the highway of life, you don't dwell on them because they do you no good. Put them aside and use the experience to move on in a more positive direction. There are things I wish I had done and things I wish I hadn't but the doing is what makes us what we are. You do the best with what you have and that should be enough to have a happy existence. Remember Life is a terminal illness, so use your time here to the best of your ability

Under my high school picture in the year book I wrote "Of such is life".
    Now I can look back and remember how hard I cried after receiving the dear john letter when I was in the Nam, but now I smile at the thought of how fat she got and what it cost the guy who stole her away.
    Yep, what you think are the disasters in your life turn out to be your blessings.

I spent most of my life free to follow my dreams. I snow skied most of Europe, a good part of Canada and all of America. I owned and ran a charter boat business for 36 years. Never got rich but I sure enjoyed my poverty from Montauk, NY to Key West FL.

Old Rider you have it right. I only wish I was able to find true friends. Looking back I was always the guy who provided the boat, the bait, and the fuel only to find the beer cooler empty and a boat to clean at the end of the day.

Last year what I thought to be friends stayed at my house for the deer season. I did all the cooking and providing and they left their rooms in shambles. This year when told of their coming I got to tell them they weren't invited. Again I smile.

My only regret is it took me 70 years to learn what little I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Under my high school picture in the year book I wrote "Of such is life".
    Now I can look back and remember how hard I cried after receiving the dear john letter when I was in the Nam, but now I smile at the thought of how fat she got and what it cost the guy who stole her away.
    Yep, what you think are the disasters in your life turn out to be your blessings.

I spent most of my life free to follow my dreams. I snow skied most of Europe, a good part of Canada and all of America. I owned and ran a charter boat business for 36 years. Never got rich but I sure enjoyed my poverty from Montauk, NY to Key West FL.

Old Rider you have it right. I only wish I was able to find true friends. Looking back I was always the guy who provided the boat, the bait, and the fuel only to find the beer cooler empty and a boat to clean at the end of the day.

Last year what I thought to be friends stayed at my house for the deer season. I did all the cooking and providing and they left their rooms in shambles. This year when told of their coming I got to tell them they weren't invited. Again I smile.

My only regret is it took me 70 years to learn what little I know!
    Awesome...you just taught us a lot!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Have been blessed w/good health, at 64 I am not on any meds, seems natural to me but pretty much unheard of by others, a good sense of humor and a good woman, was more of a spender than a saver so retirement will be a challenge, but it's all good. Have enough paid for toys to keep me busy and still have a bit of the boy left in me. lol
    Only regret is that I was not their when my mother died, how many of us really have that opportunity, but it still bothers me. But life is good.

Regrets

This holiday season as I sat next to my lovely wife of 36 years at the head of our dining room table, with 2 other tables butted up to it, as I looked down the table at my kids, grandkids, in-laws, nieces and nephews, I got this overwhelming feeling of complete pride and joy. Her and I are the matriarch and patriarch of this incredible crew.

Sure I have regrets, but they are insignificant compared to where I've landed in life. Sometimes I gotta remind myself of this.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Brother and I met on bikes to ride to a family reunion a couple years ago. Brother wanted to trade bikes. He died on my bike that day. God, do I have regret.

But, I am grateful for my blessings. Cherish yours.
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

shooter
    Dirt that is one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Brother all I can say is my prayers go out to you and your family. Your brother is watching over you guys and I'm sure he's proud of you for continuing to ride and enjoy the wind in your face. Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Dirt that is one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Brother all I can say is my prayers go out to you and your family. Your brother is watching over you guys and I'm sure he's proud of you for continuing to ride and enjoy the wind in your face. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Shooter.
    Maybe to heavy for some, for that I apologize.
    Love those close to you, hard and often.

J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Brother and I met on bikes to ride to a family reunion a couple years ago. Brother wanted to trade bikes. He died on my bike that day. God, do I have regret.

But, I am grateful for my blessings. Cherish yours.
    J

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, tragic to say the least.

However, You were a selfless person that day, your brother wanted something that you had, you didn't hesitate giving him your bike for him to enjoy, I bet he was smiling and grinning when he got on your bike and cranked the throttle. I'm sure that he was proud to be riding your bike. You my friend were the reason why he was enjoying that last ride here amongst us. You were not the cause of why God called his number. We can't control what may happen down the road or when our number is called, we just have to enjoy the ride and if it's a ride with my brother … nothing better then to spend time with family.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Ummm I have a regret or two most of us do. The thing I regret the most is the actions other people have taken that affected MY life. I have always had
    a plan and if the ones around me were smart enough to just go along, I would be living a very different life. But then again God has a plan, he does not aways let us know his plans. Why someone is taken so early in life and why something else happens we may never know. It comes down to faith, that
    what is, is what was supposed to happen.

Now for the past year or so I have given up on people saying they will be ready to do something, soon. For me the soon is now. I will not let people stop
    me from my desires as I go forward. I go back to my old mantra, either participate or be a fan, either way I am going....

Threads like this can lead to some soul searching....make sure, before you act......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com