Sunday was a beautiful day in Nashville, way too warm to pass up a late-January riding opportunity. Saddled up and headed down the Natchez Trace to Hohenwald, then down to Clifton for breakfast, then back home via 438. Lots of twisty roads, very little traffic, a total of 247 miles for the day.

I am still getting used to the headlight modulators. This is my first bike to have them. I knew about them before, but dismissed the idea on my previous Goldwings, because I thought they were too obnoxious to other drivers...which they may or may not be, I don't know...but they sure do work!

I am sure many drivers incorrectly assume that a LEO has come up behind them, as numerous drivers just slow down and pull to the side. Maybe they're just being courteous, I don't know...but in either event, it sure is fun to ride more or less unimpeded by slow traffic! Not to mention the big increase in conspicuity to oncoming traffic.

I can see the reflections of these lights off road signs hundreds of yards ahead, so I know the oncoming traffic sees me, too.

Others may or may not agree...and I was a skeptic myself...but the added safety margin and "enhanced rider convenience" has made the installation of my headlight modulators a worthwhile improvement.

Just my $0.02 worth...now back to work!