Fuel/Gas Prices
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel/Gas Prices

Fuel/Gas Prices

Has anyone given thought as to why the price of gas went up, why it is coming down or why the stock market is having fit...something bad is coming..... Diesel under $2 never thought I would see that in the rest of my life ....Just filled up for $60...the most I ever put in was $210...scratching my head !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

It was all artificially controlled and now its imploding...someone is still making money on this mess...

True that...I believe there are 20-30 people who rule the earth using us as pawns !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Has anyone given thought as to why the price of gas went up, why it is coming down or why the stock market is having fit...something bad is coming..... Diesel under $2 never thought I would see that in the rest of my life ....Just filled up for $60...the most I ever put in was $210...scratching my head !
    Could it be that deforestation caused by the habitual printing of worthless money has used up all of the paper stock and the balloon is about to burst ? The account has been overdrawn for a long time and Obie is finally running out of checks and gullible nations to accept them. China has wised up and stopped buying our debt.

Gas prices still near $4/gal in the PRK. Wish we had Michigan's prices of 47.9 cents/gal.

Gas Price Hits 47 Cents a Gallon in Michigan After Price War

The price of gas hit a stunning low -- just 47 cents per gallon -- in Michigan on Sunday.

Michigan was the first state to have gas under $1 in likely over a decade, Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum analyst at GasBuddy.com, told ABC News today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-ga...ry?id=36358859

Here are a couple of other data points:

It really is the stock market’s worst. year. ever.

The opening days of 2016 are the worst-ever for the venerable Dow Jones Industrial Average. That’s according to Howard Silverblatt, the man who meticulously tracks the performance of the Dow, the S&P 500 and sundry other market metrics at S&P Dow Jones Indices. To be clear, the first 12 days of trading in a given year have never been this lousy for returns, based on records stretching all the way back to 1897.

http://qz.com/598758/it-really-is-th...rst-year-ever/

Global depression around the corner? Ship cargo rates at all-time low

The global economy appears to be in danger. The Baltic Dry Index, an indicator of international cargo trade, has fallen to its all-time low.

In the past, the index is notorious for falling ahead of some of the biggest economic depressions – including the dot com bust in 2000 and the great recession of 2008.

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/...-all-time-low/

I thought the world was running out of oil for the past 40+ years ?

Oil plumbs new lows below $27 as oversupply woes persist

U.S. oil prices crashed below $27 dollars a barrel on Wednesday for the first time since 2003, caught in a broad slump across world financial markets with traders also worried that the crude supply glut could last longer.

Oil has fallen more than 25 percent so far this year, the steepest such slide since the financial crisis, piling more pain on oil drillers and producing nations alike. Yet they keep pumping more oil into an oversupplied market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gl...-idUSKCN0UY04U

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Here are a couple of other data points:

It really is the stock market’s worst. year. ever.

The opening days of 2016 are the worst-ever for the venerable Dow Jones Industrial Average. That’s according to Howard Silverblatt, the man who meticulously tracks the performance of the Dow, the S&P 500 and sundry other market metrics at S&P Dow Jones Indices. To be clear, the first 12 days of trading in a given year have never been this lousy for returns, based on records stretching all the way back to 1897.

http://qz.com/598758/it-really-is-th...rst-year-ever/

Global depression around the corner? Ship cargo rates at all-time low

The global economy appears to be in danger. The Baltic Dry Index, an indicator of international cargo trade, has fallen to its all-time low.

In the past, the index is notorious for falling ahead of some of the biggest economic depressions – including the dot com bust in 2000 and the great recession of 2008.

http://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/...-all-time-low/

I thought the world was running out of oil for the past 40+ years ?

Oil plumbs new lows below $27 as oversupply woes persist

U.S. oil prices crashed below $27 dollars a barrel on Wednesday for the first time since 2003, caught in a broad slump across world financial markets with traders also worried that the crude supply glut could last longer.

Oil has fallen more than 25 percent so far this year, the steepest such slide since the financial crisis, piling more pain on oil drillers and producing nations alike. Yet they keep pumping more oil into an oversupplied market.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gl...-idUSKCN0UY04U

Yep---all lines up with what I have heard and read.

It is really a combination of 2 big events.

1-China has an economy that is really slowing down. They have become the world center for manufacturing and either the world is requiring less or the world is looking elsewhere because of the poor quality of the items produced. Their lack of demand is producing a glut of oil combined with factor #2

2-The US has discovered how to mine oil in the Dakodas, Montana, and all the area up there. They always knew there was oil there, but it was contained in shale (rock) and was not able to pump out in convention methods. Then in the mid 2000's, somebody figured out how to pump steam underground and extract the oil from the rock and suddenly the US has become one of---if not the largest oil producers of oil on the planet---again. They are now controling the market more than OPEC. When I was on the Victory boards, there were a number of roughnecks that moved there for the "boom"---they said that if you could weld 2 pieces of metal together, you could get hired at a base pay of $35 per hour with all the overtime you desire. One guy paid for his Victory Vision in a few months.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hard-times-bo...dakota-2224834

I read a lot---maybe too much.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Would be nice if there was a way to pre-purchase a large volume of gas at these low prices (5,000 gallons or so); and then redeem it over time at the fuel pumps when the price jumps back up.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Can anybody remember what we were paying for gas the last time crude was selling for $27.00 a barrel? You know before the Bush administration declared a crude shortage. Seems to me it was under $1.00 a gallon. So why are we now paying 30% more under Obama? Seems we can't win when the game is rigged by the Gods of Washington.

I have noticed though, the Russians are upset as their oil based economy is faltering Yugoslavia and the Arabs are losing their ability to buy munitions. HMMMMM sounds like a good plan to me!

I might even change the oil in my bike this month!

Does all this mean the price of cars will fall accordingly?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Last summer a barrel of crude was slightly over $100. Now it is around $27. A barrel hold 55 gallons, and there are 4 quarts in each gallon. So there are 220 quarts in each barrel. Since the price of a barrel has dropped by approx. $75, or 75%, why do we still pay between $4 -$6 for a quart of oil at our Dealers and auto parts stores. Gas should not be the only petroleum product that the price should drop significantly. Some how, the oil companies are still making very good profits, despite what we see on Wall Street.