15 Dollars an Hour
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 15 Dollars an Hour

15 Dollars an Hour

Recently, I went to McDonald's and I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets.

I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

'We don't have half dozen nuggets,' said the teenager at the counter.

'You don't?' I replied.

'We only have six, nine, or twelve,' was the reply.

'So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?'

'That's right.'

So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets
    (Unbelievable but sadly true...)
    (Must have been the same one I asked for sweetener and she said they didn't have any, only Splenda and sugar.)
    (And they think they are worth $15.00 per hour)
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Recently, I went to McDonald's and I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets.

I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

'We don't have half dozen nuggets,' said the teenager at the counter.

'You don't?' I replied.

'We only have six, nine, or twelve,' was the reply.

'So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?'

'That's right.'

So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets
    (Unbelievable but sadly true...)
    (Must have been the same one I asked for sweetener and she said they didn't have any, only Splenda and sugar.)
    (And they think they are worth $15.00 per hour)
    Your pulling our legs. Are you?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Your pulling our legs. Are you?
    Nope, its absolutely true...
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Nope, its absolutely true...
    The intelligence of the current crop of American youth.... completely astounds me.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

PhTeven!

Lol...

Reminds me of this, guy said his name was 'It's Stephen, that's with a 'ph.''

And his receipt was this...

Attachment 18900

Still cracks me up...

shooter
    They can't even give you the right food. Can't read and comprehend the screen above their heads. You have to check your bag to see if you got a fork or spoon. They hand you two sodas , unmarked , and can't tell you which one is the Diet Coke and which is the Dr Pepper. Good thing wife and I don't mind each others germs. I could go on for days. $15 dollars an hour? That's a joke. They aren't worth minimum wage. There is a small percentage of today's youth that has their shyt together. These few , when they hit the job force , will command respect and a large salary. Since I believe that most of us on this forum are of above average intelligence our kids should do extremely well in the job market. If you've raised your kids to have common sense and above average intelligence , congratulations. You have beat the odds.

My 3 sons have been working since early teens. Middle kid did the standard car wash crap job, bus boy crap job, waiter crap jobs. Youngest has been a golf cart boy at the local country club for going on 2 years. They want him in the pro shop because he's smart, respectful and not a douchebag like so many other youth. Shooter, you are right, they will command it and demand it. No freakin handouts. I personally hope they do succeed in the $15 min wage. Fast food will go the way of the kiosk and it will be harder to screw up your order. The robots are just waiting for the tipping point of cost to go their way. $15 should take care of it. Then we will need smart kids to fix the robots and the losers that can't spell hambunger will hang out at the corner store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Our steel fab company has a general knowledge test, which new people must pass before getting hired. Just plain common sense questions, and some basic math. Kids fresh out of high school, were great at computer skills, but couldn't read a tape measure. The question was, "show the correct picture of 13/16". Then there is 4 pictures, which they have to choose the correct answer. Nope! Too hard for these computer kids. And ask them to read a dial caliper? If it's not a "digital" caliper, they are lost.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    The intelligence of the current crop of American youth.... completely astounds me.

Laugh all you want...they will vote in Berney then what....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    That's the bad thing. You should have to pass a profiency test before you can vote. And you should be a taxpayer. Not a taxtaker.