Is HARLEY DAVIDSON in financial trouble? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is HARLEY DAVIDSON in financial trouble?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    The great thing about America is if you make a shitty product the public will let you know, in this case - eventually. After years of overpriced under-performing motorcycles, parts, service, merchandise, arrogant dealers, terrible customer service, helpless helpline support - the public, finally, is waking up. It's a healthy thing in commerce and either you trim, improve, perform and conform or you're out. It may be too late or they may look for a bailout from the government, like Chrysler, or if Trump gets in a heavy tariff on imports. Either way, like AMC, if the product sucks it should just go away to the rust pile of history. I can't wait to dump this 1200 for a Scout, except no one is buying.
    +1 on this post...Any manufacturer cannot continue forever making obsolete products with inferior quality and survive in todays world...Look what happened to the Domestic car companies until they woke up and feared the Japanese were taking over the market....No bike is perfect, but as long as the "good old boys" continue to believe in the Harley "mystique" the company will live on with its same old stuff......JMHO

My previous 2 bikes were Harleys and didn't have one bit of problems with them. I do agree that Harley needs to come in to the 21 century. Harley needs to put a true water cooled reliable engine in their bikes,an engine that should be virtually maintenance free for 100,000 miles. If they would have had one out when I bought the 6, I would have bought the Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I do agree that Harley needs to come in to the 21 century. Harley needs to put a true water cooled reliable engine in their bikes,an engine that should be virtually maintenance free for 100,000 miles. If they would have had one out when I bought the 6, I would have bought the Harley.
    Ditto that and I want shaft drive too...When they come out with a reliable water cooled shaft driven bike I'll look at one. They've had the loyalty of their customer's for years regardless of the quality of their product. People are finally tired of paying premium price for an inferior product. When I bought my VTX in 07 I had originally wanted to get an HD...glad I didn't. I put 62K on the bike before I had any issues and the first one was a fork seal...A guy I work with has one of the CVO's? Whatever it is, 20K and the motor grenaded HD denied the warranty. I know several other HD owners that have had to get lawyers involved to get warranty/lemon issues taken care of. Why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    My previous 2 bikes were Harleys and didn't have one bit of problems with them. I do agree that Harley needs to come in to the 21 century. Harley needs to put a true water cooled reliable engine in their bikes,an engine that should be virtually maintenance free for 100,000 miles. If they would have had one out when I bought the 6, I would have bought the Harley.
    Wow i Really like that tagline:

Harley Davidson
    'obsolete products with inferior technology'

Nice ring to it! Truth in advertising too!
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma