Is HARLEY DAVIDSON in financial trouble? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is HARLEY DAVIDSON in financial trouble?

Amen to that last line Old Ryder---good looking bike:

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I don't think it would have been accepted. I own a Street Rod as a 2nd bike. It is a 2006 model and I got it for a song. It sat on the dealers floor for 5 years and was bought by a 40 year old woman schoolteacher who took it on a 3 month tour of Texas, New Mexico, Az, etc...--then a 70 year old man bought it as a Sport tourer. After being on the boards and doing my research, the Street Rod crowd are very loyal as this is a super bike. It has mid position pegs, 124 HP (stock with OEM everything) with 88 lbs of torque and after 5K RPM you had better hold on. It is a one off chassis that gives a 40 degree lean angle and 4 degrees less rake than a standard Vrod and then lengthened in the middle for a true Sport Bike/Super Bike feel. A 28" inseam can sit flat footed at a light. The result???? They made them for 2 years and quit! They are hard to give away now and impossible to sell with a new $15K price tag. Standard Vrod parts don't fit. Can't even find a seat these days. No such thing as aftermarket ANYTHING, but let me tell you that this is a wonderful machine that everybody HATES. This machine will hang with about any crotch rocket and is well mannered in the turns as well as a straight line. It is extremely well engineered. Harley riders do not acknowledge the Vrod as a true Harley and Vrod riders don't acknowledge the Street Rod as a true Vrod! This is the true red haired stepchild! Then there was the Cafe' Racer Sporster. How many of those do you see?

The point is that it is a gamble whenever Harley goes into a different "market". They do not have a lot of success even when they produce a great bike.
    Those will give my VTX 1800 a run for the money.
    Your right, most hard core don't even consider them a HD.
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Just called a friend that was at the HD dealer in Baltimore.. It sounded like he was at a Bar.. Noisy as hell.. HD is not going anywhere.. Hell maybe they should just make them offshore as to save the shipping on the parts to America..

The shame about it is if I had to by a HD I could not afford it.. I have a C90, right now, and it was 10k cheaper then HD... Hell a F6B would be 45k if it read HD on the side..

The horror begins

My brother has not even ridden his almost $40K 2016 CVO Street Glide and they are already repairing it. A minor paint defect but still a horror show.

Attachment 19036