Great experience at Cycle Gear

Thread: Great experience at Cycle Gear

Great experience at Cycle Gear

I was looking to purchase a Shoei GT Air helmet. According to the tables, my head size showed that I needed a Med. I had tried a few on at a local dealer and found that the XL is what felt good.

I ended up going to Cycle Gear. Prices are low, same as RevZilla. I would have to pay sales tax, but I was willing because I wanted to try on in person, rather than dealing with shipping.

I discussed the size issue with the manager and he was confident that I needed a large. He ordered one in for me. When I tried it on, I found the cheek pieces were exerting too much pressure. The manager said that he would order me a set of smaller cheek pieces which should solve the problem. These cost about $50. Not only did he not charge me for them, but he shipped them to me free because of my long drive - 60 miles.

After using the helmet with the smaller cheek pieces for several rides, I still found it too tight. I called Cycle Gear and they exchanged the helmet for an XL.

I am very impressed with their service and it is now my goto store.

It's good to hear about a business that knows good customer service.

I do wonder if the helmet you picked out has the right shape for your head. It seems strange that the size chart put you in a medium and the only helmet that fit was an XL.
    blue 2015 F6B Deluxe - sold
    2022 Yamaha Ténéré 700 - coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyRider View Post
    It's good to hear about a business that knows good customer service.

I do wonder if the helmet you picked out has the right shape for your head. It seems strange that the size chart put you in a medium and the only helmet that fit was an XL.
    Agreed. Medium was not even close. My previous helmet was XL also. Must be a fat head

My previous helmet was a large. I went to Cycle gear and they said it should be a medium. I ordered Bell Pit Boss and it's a large, but has an adjustable liner. I think it's manufacturer to manufacturer. Tires are like that. You can buy three of the same size, different manufacturer, and they'd all be different.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Getting the right shape helmet is very important. Webbikeworld.com does a good job. http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    Agreed. Medium was not even close. My previous helmet was XL also. Must be a fat head
    I know David pretty good and he does have a fathead. Seriously its like Duke said different brands vary on their sizes. Shoei runs a little small.

RevZilla and CycleGear merged

FWIW, the two have merged under one corporate umbrella. I like both of them - and feel good about the merger! I shop locally for some things (apparel) where I need to try it on. Order from RevZilla things that I already know (like certain gloves, tires, etc.) for things that I don't have to check out. And I'm hoping I continue to get great service from both!