Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes. - Page 12

View Poll Results: Do you wear a helmet?

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always wear one!

476 79.87%
  • I sometimes wear one!

93 15.60%
  • I never wear one!

27 4.53%
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Helmet or No Helmet, Not a debate! A simple do you wear always or sometimes.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Yes, once a person see's the damage a helmet takes during a spill, and then contemplates what those same forces would have done to your bare head, it ain't pretty!!! (My wifes Shoei full face is still on our table, scratched all ta hell from her spill on June 15)

Glad your wife was helmeted up and (assumed to be) healed up.

I have donated my crashed helmets to MSF teachers.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

I always wear one.

I can get away with just about any trip I want to take, any accessory I want to buy, whatever, and my wife does make a peep about any of it. She does however get the point across that she always wants me to wear a helmet which is not a problem, because I agree. I wear a Simpson Fullface most of the time with a mirrored shield, then I don't have to wear glasses underneath. It's got wide peripheral field of vision and is as comfortable as a fullface can be, especially great in the rain. My secondary helmet which is really my favorite is a POLICE Super Seer. Until just a few years ago they were not available to civilians. Now they are. Handcrafted and custom painted in Colorado. They do well in Crashes, protected me in all three of my on-duty accidents. They also fit in the saddle bag when you park the bike. They are pricey but worth every dime, and as most of you know, when you are in an accident, your insurer is obligated to purchase you a new helmet of the same or better quality as the one that took the beating in your collision.

Always.....

My wife said if I get any uglier she's leaving me...so Full Face, 24/7/365 it is!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

SHOES

Living in Ohio, its helmet optional.

That being said, I've crashed many a beautiful motorcycle in my day.

I prefer to ride in long pants, jacket, gloves, boots & a FULL face helmet.
    I demand that my kids ride that way too.

Last Saturday, nearly 90*, it was Shorts and a T-shirt. Local riding surface streets... sunglasses no helmet.

Side note: I used to ride with some locals on Okinawa Japan...
    alot of them rode in flip flops, and they thought it was cute to show off their missing toes from wrecks.

I advocate SHOES! Shoes are a must !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by FlatSixBagger View Post
    I crashed 100 MPH no gear, broken leg, wrist, arm, sternum, collar bone, flat line twice, two years to learn to walk again, then back to riding. Cousin 25 mph every piece of gear imaginable hit pot hole in park 25 mph handle bars hit ribs, rib punctures heart, end of story. When it is your time it will be your time.
    Freak accidents aside, helmets and gear provide infinitely better odds of fewer injuries. That's indisputable.

Are you trying to argue the opposite? Or are you saying helmet and gear are irrelevant because death is pre-determined?

And how do you know "when its your time, its your time"? You don't. Nobody does. For all we know, we create our own fate anew each and every day.

My thought are when it's your time, it's your time.

But remember,,,

The Big Guy upstairs requests that you don't act like a bloomin idiot,,, and he reserves the right to reset your clock!

ATGATT If you don't know what it means, Google it.

Why do guys who roll ATGATT always harp on & on

I get it, you want to live forever without scars ,blisters or even as much as a hangnail.
    Roger, I get that... But why harp on endlessly on why it's the way I should ride.

I think anyone over the age of 18 who doesn't realize how much a helmet could help them is probably in denial. One look at Gary Busse and I know a helmet is the way to go.

But when I see someone flying down the road with no helmet or even shoes, I don't feel the need to chase them down and tell them the error of their ways.

Who Cares?

In the past, I have wrecked wearing a helmet, without wearing a helmet and one time I wrecked without wearing a helmet, shirt, shoes or even pants....

I love fall / winter / spring riding, fully covered... Helmet gloves jacket boots long pants... But when it's 90*, occasionally I'm gonna go for it... I know the risks... I have been warned

Take care of yourself & mind your own business ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Who's harping on and on?