Started with a Honda 500xl dual sport...I think that's what it was, not sure where it ended up.

Second was a 1973 CB360T my uncle gave me. Barely ran and couldn't get a clear title. I moved to MN and my mother got rid of it.

Didn't ride for awhile and ended up with a 1974 Honda CB750four as payback for a debt. Loved that bike, road it four 4 seasons. Sold it to a buddy when I got number four.

#4 was a 1998 Yamaha VStar 650. Good bike, road it for years. Moved it back to WA with me and it was my ride when I transitioned to a year round rider. Sold it when I got #5. The sailor I sold it to grenaded it within four months.

#5 and still my favorite is my 2005 VTX1800F, she and I have been thru to much together to part with. Saved my soul on many occasions and has been my stalwart companion thru many of life's ups and downs. She just started to show her age and I put her in semi retirement so I could take my time and properly restore her to glory.

#6 is my 2014 Kawasaki Concours, wonderful bike however we don't get along. She and I just don't click, I wanted a sport tour for the type of riding I want to do. #5 I can ride thru hell and high water and she doesn't flinch...a single pebble in the rode will cause #6 to slide...let alone water...She being sold either my buddy will buy her or she'll be traded in for the GF's new car.

#7 is the B, not quite the same as my VTX but she's definitely won her spot in the garage.

To each their own, I've enjoyed all of my bikes and learned from them all. #6 was a disappointment but a good learning experience. Wonderful machine just couldn't get comfortable. Had no trust with her. My VTX is/was like and extension of me, the B is getting there.

Nothing wrong with multiple rides either. It's nice to change up once in awhile.