Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
I've had 2 bikes for years. Usually a cruiser and a sportier touring bike. They ride differently and I enjoy both experiences. Currently I have a Victory Cross Country in addition to F6B.

Attachment 19224

Also this always lets me have at least one bike to ride if one needs new tires or I'm putting accessories on it etc.

I like F6B but sometimes I want something different. On Victory, I have more legroom, comfortable riding position, higher handlebar, real cruise and abs brakes. I also love that vtwin sound which I can never have on F6B. I also like the feeling of an engine with just the right amount of big vtwin rumble and vibration.

On F6B I enjoy the turbine smoothness and handling. On both bikes I enjoy the stereo while riding.

But most of all, it's nice to have choice of rides on any given day.
Interesting. I am surprised that you like the riding position more on the Vic. Yes, far more legroom and you can stretch out, but I have found that reclined, true "cruiser" position is not comfortable, regardless of seat, for more than about an hour. Even with the stock seat, the F6B is comfortable for about double that time, then my butt gets numb. A BMW rider told me that the semi-cruiser position of the F6B will be far more comfortable on a long ride than the cruiser position. I didn't believe him. Turns out, he was correct.

I currently have two bikes. I plan on selling one in the Spring to help pay the tuition for my wife's Master's Degree program. However, the more I think about it, the more I want to keep it ('04 Star 1100). I love the Vtwin sound and classic cruiser style. I have it decked out for touring with an AirHawk, geriatric windshield and lowers, hard bags, bars, etc. I am thinking that money can come from somewhere else...and I pull the 21" Memphis Shades shield and ride it naked (not personally...the windshield...you would rather see the bike, trust me).

Of course, this means the car stays outside as two bikes requires garage space. Currently can fit two cars and the F6B in the garage, but not two bikes. Of course, the Yamaha could stay in the shed....just not as convenient.