Quote Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
How's the rack working out,i'm interested in one myself.are they aluminum or steel.thank's
Final update: I was looking at the knockoff rack as the source of alignment problems, turns out it was the Show Chrome 52-830M adapter. Inserted screws in all the supports and compared them, looks like either the bottom left support was welded on at the wrong angle or the hole in it was drilled/tapped incorrectly. This would be less of an issue if the rack bolted directly to the adapters, but the problem is compounded by the 1" spacer. Got it installed, but it was a PITA. I've got too much going on in my life to deal with taking the bike apart, putting it back together to ride while I wait on returning the adapters, taking it apart again, blah blah blah. I made it work, but I recommend skipping the ShowChrome adapters if you can get the OEM.
Used my Mitutoyo dial calipers to mark the exact spot to drill on the filler inserts courtesy the instructions included in the Show Chrome 52-830M adapter instructions from Big Bike Parts. Used step drill to enlarge. Meh. If you follow their instructions don't go to the full 13/16", stop at 1/2" and do a dry run to see how close it is, finish with a rotary tool with sanding drum.
Thanks to Valk I found spacers at Ace Hardware. Spacers and screws brought the cost up again, but it's still the cheapest solution.
IF it turns out that a rack is something I need in my life and this one is not big enough I'll be keeping my eye on the BikeMP3 during Black Friday to see if they'll hit $99 again.

Note bottom left bolt is off-center. Wallowed out the hole but bolt was still not happy, couldn't go any further though! If I wasn't in a hurry to get it together for a ride tomorrow I would've tried to bend the base a little to get it in line. Oh well, I'm done with this carp for now.

Attachment 19435