FYI BRAKE AWAY on my DELUXE

Thread: FYI BRAKE AWAY on my DELUXE

FYI BRAKE AWAY on my DELUXE

OK so I installed the Brake AWAY throttle lock on my F6B Deluxe with the Heated GRIPPS (I know they say they don't recommend it) I am sure there is a legal reason for it kind of like in a car when they tell you cruise control doesn't mean you can leave the drivers seat.
    The cable to the heated grip is the concern there is a small clip that holds it in place from factory playing around with it a little you can make sure the cable clears the Brake away mechanism.

I have not as of yet used my heated grip to see if it is affected by the temperature but I cannot imagine it would be an issue.
    The install is pretty straight forward and if you don't rush to do it you'll be done installing is in about an hour. The kit has a little block in it to extend the arm that goes on the brake nut underneath and then you just have to fine tune the lock tension with the allen wrench.

Pretty straight forward.

Took it out on the highway tried it at many speeds and I am very happy with the results on the long rides this thing will be awesome!

Have you turned your heated grips on for an extended period of time yet? They might be concerned with the possibility that the rubber friction strip might expand under temperature causing it to create friction on the grip and preventing it from automatically returning even without engaging the unit. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Have you turned your heated grips on for an extended period of time yet? They might be concerned with the possibility that the rubber friction strip might expand under temperature causing it to create friction on the grip and preventing it from automatically returning even without engaging the unit. Just a thought.
    No I haven't as of yet done that but living in Miami it fairly rare that I use the heated grips to much