Anyone use Bluetooth tire pressure monitors? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone use Bluetooth tire pressure monitors?

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Got the FoBo system. Talks to my smartphone. I don't use it for "real time" monitoring although if I could see my phone while riding I could.
    I just use it to check psi and tire temps before heading out and in between stops.
    $100.
    Works for me.

Cheers,
    Steve

I used to be able to see the phone to check the pressure while riding / I guess my eyes are getting worce or my cell phone is less bright!!!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I had the t-valve installed on both the front and rear tires with no grinding.
    I highly recommend the t-valve!!!
    Once you are confident the tire pressure matches other gauges you can add air and check pressure on the phone.
    Steve
    Thanks for that.

Amazon delivered my Steel-Mate TPMS yesterday... still trying to figure out where to mount the receiver unit. I think I am just going to fabricate a simple bracket and mount it to the inside of the lower Madstad windshield base. This bike is tough to mount aftermarket instrumentation on, from an aesthetically pleasing point of view...

Supposedly my T-Valve stems will be arriving tomorrow.. so there is a slight possibility I may get that Michelin Alpine PA3 car tire mounted as well (want to do both valve stem/tire replacement at the same time).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

FOBO on my PC800.
    Not real-time, just to check the pressure before each ride.
    Works fine, but one of the two supplied batteries was dead in just a few days.
    Had one on hand, replaced it, no more problems.

Just my $.02.
    Jim

FOBO on the F6B mounted on OE valves no leaking yet i have the T valve but will wait till they leak or need new tyres to install them

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Just installed the FOBO TPMS monitors.

Install: once I figured out my phone's Bluetooth "touch" function, install was easy. BlueTooth 4.0 or greater with the "NFC" function ('touching') is required.

Monitors communicate well with the phone app once I'm in the garage.
    Still getting used to setting the tire pressure limits - apparently the rear tire heats up significantly more than the front so the pressure exceeds what I put in as the max threshold on the phone app.

stevenolts has had the same system for a year. Maybe he can add something more.

Cheers,
    Steve
    +1

Based on seeing Steve's FOBO system at the rally, I purchased my own set from WingStuff and installed them last week. So far so good. It's really convenient to have the big graphic display on my phone. My units are mounted on 90-degree steel valves... but I've got t-valves in my shopping cart at WingStuff.

Thanks, Steve! (Like I don't have other things to spend $ on!)
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    +1

Based on seeing Steve's FOBO system at the rally, I purchased my own set from WingStuff and installed them last week. So far so good. It's really convenient to have the big graphic display on my phone. My units are mounted on 90-degree steel valves... but I've got t-valves in my shopping cart at WingStuff.

Thanks, Steve! (Like I don't have other things to spend $ on!)
    You are so welcome!
    Glad they are working for you!
    I spent HOURS trying to get the touch-beam-thingy (NFC) to work properly. My phone was the issue...
    Anyway, just horribly convenient to go out to the bike, check the pressures, and either giddyup or turn on the compressor.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Install?

Steve,
    Did you self install or go to a dealer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    Steve,
    Did you self install or go to a dealer?
    Brian, the FOBOBike TPMS is really a consumer installable product. FOBO supplies two monitors, lock nuts and a lock nut tool. It takes about 10 minutes to install and sync the units with the FOBOBike app on iOS or Android. It sounds like Steve had a hardware issue with his initial install... phone (?). I had no problem at all.
    I will say the t-valves look like a great option and will make it easy to add/release air. The monitors can be mounted on the rubber OEM valves, but I'm not sure I would do that. The monitors are not tiny, so I would only do that until I could have steel valves installed. Mine are on 90-degree steel valves only until I have my t-valves installed.
    I've only had them a couple weeks, but I'm pretty happy with the peace of mind I get with the ease of pressure monitoring now.
    Cheers!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Brian, the FOBOBike TPMS is really a consumer installable product. FOBO supplies two monitors, lock nuts and a lock nut tool. It takes about 10 minutes to install and sync the units with the FOBOBike app on iOS or Android. It sounds like Steve had a hardware issue with his initial install... phone (?). I had no problem at all.
    I will say the t-valves look like a great option and will make it easy to add/release air. The monitors can be mounted on the rubber OEM valves, but I'm not sure I would do that. The monitors are not tiny, so I would only do that until I could have steel valves installed. Mine are on 90-degree steel valves only until I have my t-valves installed.
    I've only had them a couple weeks, but I'm pretty happy with the peace of mind I get with the ease of pressure monitoring now.
    Cheers!

Thanks! I'll pick up a set my self!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Honda 2007 Shadow
    Honda 2006 VTX
    Honda 2013 F6B