Cobra pipes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobra pipes

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Got mine on today with baffles in and I am quite impressed. They're not perfect but better than any other aftermarket pipes I have tried (Cobra billet tip, Cobra tri oval, Vance and Hines monster slip ons) to date. I did not think they were all that loud (listening to loud rock music and flying helicopters off and on for 43 years probably has something to do with that), but definitely louder than stock. They sound great standing about 5 feet behind the bike when it's running! In my opinion they could stand to be slightly louder at idle and wide open throttle and slightly quieter at cruise (maybe that's not possible?), but everything considered, I love 'em. (6 into 6 pipes on the Valkyrie was just about the ultimate sound to me.)
    Thanks for the update! It would be cool if we could see and hear independent video of these pipes in action. Can you help us out?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Thanks for the update! It would be cool if we could see and hear independent video of these pipes in action. Can you help us out?
    Sorry, but I'm still living in the stone age. I can dig ditches and fly helicopters pretty well and ride motorcycles a little bit but I'm otherwise lost in modern technology. In other words, my girlfriend is out of town right now and can't help me, sorry. One other thing I failed to mention in my earlier review, the bike seems to have maybe a little more roll on power in 5th gear with the pipes installed (could just be me).

Who did you order your pipes from?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's 1800 View Post
    Who did you order your pipes from?
    My boss owns Lexington Motor Sports in Lexington, Ky. and I got them thru their parts department for obvious reasons (I get a reduced price). You can call and ask for Craig in parts and see what kind of price you can get them for. 859-253-0322

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Got mine on today with baffles in and I am quite impressed. They're not perfect but better than any other aftermarket pipes I have tried (Cobra billet tip, Cobra tri oval, Vance and Hines monster slip ons) to date. I did not think they were all that loud (listening to loud rock music and flying helicopters off and on for 43 years probably has something to do with that), but definitely louder than stock. They sound great standing about 5 feet behind the bike when it's running! In my opinion they could stand to be slightly louder at idle and wide open throttle and slightly quieter at cruise (maybe that's not possible?), but everything considered, I love 'em. (6 into 6 pipes on the Valkyrie was just about the ultimate sound to me.)
    Another update, I always check my mileage each time I fill up, and I consistently get 40 to 42.5 mpg in my riding around here and to tri-cities and back. I have topped off 3 times since I put the pipes on and it was 44.4, 44, and 44.4 which leads me to believe the pipes made the engine a little more efficient. (and possibly a little more power?)

Agree with the post above this one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrule View Post
    Agree with the post above this one!!!!
    Cobra posted videos on here a couple months ago with their new pipes on a black f6b, mine looks exactly like that except it's much cooler since I'm on it......haha

well since you are the only guy that has them and no one else would be nice to see pics that we have not already seen. Guess these cobras will remain a secret and undercover and only for the lucky one person.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowskeeter1 View Post
    well since you are the only guy that has them and no one else would be nice to see pics that we have not already seen. Guess these cobras will remain a secret and undercover and only for the lucky one person.
    Sorry about that, troypennock, on here, put his on a couple days before I got mine. I have to work tomorrow but I'll try to make some pics and get them on here in a couple days.