Snow tire disadvantages? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow tire disadvantages?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    I don't want car or snow tires for my f6b. I just replaced a set of Dunlop elite3 tires off my Harley Davidson ultra limited with 24,000 miles on them. That is the tire that's going the F6B next year.

I've "been there and done that" 5-7 k miles on a motorcycle business. That's the biggest pain in the ass of motorcycle ownership. If I rode a sport bike, I would buy new tires annually.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Please make sure you revisit and update this post when you get 24K miles of wear from a Dunlop Elite 3 on your F6B
    I had Dunlop Elite 3's on my past Victory Vision. They are a long wearing tire. I think I got 18K out of the rear one and I changed the front at close to 20K. Both tires still had some life left in them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Please make sure you revisit and update this post when you get 24K miles of wear from a Dunlop Elite 3 on your F6B
    I got 18k on the OEM tires in 20 months of professionally spirited riding - probably a 65-35% split between slab and curves respectively. Front at 39, rear at 40 - always.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    Greetings from China this week. Sure will bob109. It took me 4 years to put 24k on my Harley. I wouldn't want to keep a tire that was much more than 5 years old on any motorcycle. My average ride is 250 miles per day.
    FWIW, the new Dunlop E4's are advertised as being quieter and higher mileage than the E3's.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    FWIW, the new Dunlop E4's are advertised as being quieter and higher mileage than the E3's.
    Wow, that's great news! I didn't notice the tires being noisy. Thanks for the info.

MSRP for E4s

Dunlop E4 MSRP:
    Front - $260
    Rear - $317

Revzilla states they are in stock at $166 & $203
    Can our sponsors match that?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

No issues w/ the snow tire in the south any time of year !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    The list of past cycle tires advertising higher/improved mileage is long. Riders results have proved that gains have been small/minimal, if any! Things may change in the future when you see Threadwear, Temperature and Traction Ratings embossed on cycle tire sidewalls. Of course, I personally wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen I believe the old adage of "If it sounds too good to be true it usually is" was written specifically for cycle tires