Speedo and odometer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speedo and odometer

Speedo and odometer

I have noticed that while passing stationary radar, my speedo is very close to the speed showing on the radar. I recently set up a poker run. Because it was raining, I used the car to map out the mileage between stops. This week I ran it on my F6B to make sure all my turns were right and no detours had showed up. On the 139 mile run, my bike was 5 miles longer than the car (144mi). To see which one may be off, I ran it in my truck, the car and truck mileage were the same. Any one else notice there odometer reading a little high?
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
    I have noticed that while passing stationary radar, my speedo is very close to the speed showing on the radar. I recently set up a poker run. Because it was raining, I used the car to map out the mileage between stops. This week I ran it on my F6B to make sure all my turns were right and no detours had showed up. On the 139 mile run, my bike was 5 miles longer than the car (144mi). To see which one may be off, I ran it in my truck, the car and truck mileage were the same. Any one else notice there odometer reading a little high?
    Marty
    Yep.
    Mine reads actual +4%.
    It sounds like yours is close to that.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

My speedo is dead nuts on with every RADAR machine I have passed. Same with my sons Altima at 70MPH on I45. I can only assume my odo is on, but you never know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I've used a device called 'SpeedoHealer' on my 1300R VTX. I was not liking my speedometer being off. The Odometer before the adjustment was racking up miles faster than what was real. I settled for accurate Speed and not a racing Odometer. All speedometers are allowed to be 15% off may it be autos, trucks or motorcycles and still be legal. I think that stinks but, they can get away with it. Some of us are lucky to have an accurate Speedometer / Odometer. Others like me, were not.

GPS

I have never had a GPS but can't they display speed and distance? I think that would be a good way to check you speedo and odometer.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I have never had a GPS but can't they display speed and distance? I think that would be a good way to check you speedo and odometer.

+1 and will save you 400 miles of driving......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    My speedo is dead nuts on with every RADAR machine I have passed. Same with my sons Altima at 70MPH on I45. I can only assume my odo is on, but you never know.
    Mine is like Stro's. And its the same as my car. It also reads the same mph as my Garmin.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Mine is like Stro's. And its the same as my car. It also reads the same mph as my Garmin.
    Shooter and I went to different high schools together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Of the many many Honda motorcycles I have owned, not a single speedometer has ever been accurate. Go figure! Honda makes the most durable and dependable machines on the planet with precision---- except the speed and milage indicators. I can't figure it out. BTW--- of all the Harleys I have owned, only 1 had a bad odometer--and it was a 20 year old bike that was cable driven.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My ODO is +3%. Makes my gas mileage look a bit better.
    Albuquerque, NM