FASTER? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do you ride the F6B faster than your last bike?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 53.03%
  • No

8 12.12%
  • About the same

23 34.85%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FASTER?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    40 year old, air cooled tractor engineering design does leave a lot to be desired...

As to the color...that is yet to be determined since at night you can't see my flat six, black steel steed as it slides rapidly... oh so silently from behind only letting you get a quick look of its fast dimming tail light quickly moving into the far distance ahead. Is the black faster you wonder as it vanishes from view?

Now you know why the world's fastest air-breathing aircraft - the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird is black like my F6B.

I tried to have my F6B painted that color but my security clearance expired the day I retired.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    I tried to have my F6B painted that color but my security clearance expired the day I retired.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

No I don't ride any faster. My other bike is a VTX1800. The 6 is not faster top end wise but if you are talking about cornering...

Who holds the Record

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    No I don't ride any faster. My other bike is a VTX1800. The 6 is not faster top end wise but if you are talking about cornering...
    If I remember correctly the record holder for quickest time on the Dragons 318 curves and 11 miles is a Full grown Goldwing which did the 11 miles in 11 minutes and those curves on the Dragon are not friendly ones. one of the reasons our F6B's handle so well and we don't have the extra 90 pounds the full wing carries.

fl1madmax

No I also have a Kawasaki ZX1000 sit up Screamer !

I have a Kaw ZX1000 with VH pipes, Bar Risers, its stupid, its my Let You Know your alive scooter, F6B is for me and Wife, with Ultimate seat we do 600 mile days ! my Harley Dyna Low Rider with 103 is only for Bar hoping.
    fun, sounds good, but wouldn't take it any more that a 100 miles. Love my F6B and will not buy another till they add a 6th Gear, it so needs one, should cruise 70-80 at 2200-2500 rpm, the motor is there come on Honda, give me another GEAR !!!!!!!!! 50mpg easy !!!!!!

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    If I remember correctly the record holder for quickest time on the Dragons 318 curves and 11 miles is a Full grown Goldwing which did the 11 miles in 11 minutes and those curves on the Dragon are not friendly ones. one of the reasons our F6B's handle so well and we don't have the extra 90 pounds the full wing carries.
    Not calling you a liar Dog but a good rider on a 600 or 1000cc sport bike would clean that wings feathers. I know , the wing is no slouch , but a good rider on a Hayabusa or a GSXR or a CBR 1000R can run off and hide from any wing. I don't care if its Yellow Wolf or whoever. If you don't know that then you don't know bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Ya might want to check your memory there seadog.
    http://tailofthedragon.com/tail-of-t...-info/legends/
    as fast as the "Yellow Wolf" is purported to be and he is fast for a Goldwing a hot sport bike with an experienced rider could beat him.
    "He once made 106 runs up Deal’s Gap in 24 hours, and his fastest time was 11 minutes. That’s hard for most people to do on a sport bike, much less a Goldwing." http://www.motomadness.buddybrick.co...s-yellow-wolf/
    I have heard tell it is a 600 cc bike that holds the unofficial record at the Tail of the Dragon in Deals Gap NC.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

shooter
    I would have no problem with the 600cc thing Larry. In a road like the dragon , agility and nimbleness is the mist important thing. The power to weight ratio is hard to beat on a good 600cc class bike.