Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 6 into 6 exhaust install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Schu3d View Post
    Almost forgot the finished pics.

Sound clip video before and after

The video does not do it justice. The sound is so much more crisp and deep with the Cobra pipes. The Drone at hwy speed is 10 times less now vs the drilled exhaust. I am a very happy camper. Both Cobra and the Dealer recommend leaving the baffles in, so that is what I will do. It is plenty loud for me and the sound is fantastic.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the man!

They sound absolutely perfect!!! Can't wait for the black ones. Hopefully I'll be able to match the front shield thing. Or just remove it I guess.

Tried to get some sounds for ya guys on a holeshot. approx. 10mph to about 100mph when I let out. You get the idea.

Awesome job! Thanks for posting! I too like the chrome pipes, my bike is blacked out and I think chrome pipes give it a nice contrast. I hope to get them on by Daytona Biketoberfest. Everywhere I go people go out of their way to comment on the bike, I can only imagine the comments after I put the these pipes on. Sound clips came out good enough, I know it's very hard to record the exact sound, definitely a nice improvement over the stock.

Thank you very much for your posts, pics, and video; Very nice job. The pipes sound very nice. They are a great improvement over stock for sure. I can't wait to hear them in person with and without baffles installed. Sounds like they might be every bit as badass as the valkyrie with the 6 into 6 pipes without baffles. It seems like this might be a somewhat deeper sound. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the black ones

A Little chrome goes a long way

Quote Originally Posted by dgman2 View Post
    Thank you very much for your posts, pics, and video; Very nice job. The pipes sound very nice. They are a great improvement over stock for sure. I can't wait to hear them in person with and without baffles installed. Sounds like they might be every bit as badass as the valkyrie with the 6 into 6 pipes without baffles. It seems like this might be a somewhat deeper sound. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the black ones
    The new Cobras do sound awesome w/o baffles and look great in chrome on an otherwise all black bike. I look forward to seeing the black version too but the chrome ones get a lot of attention and once you remove the baffles are probably lighter than stock...now what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
    favorite new bike?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
    favorite new bike?
    I'd save 'em for several reasons. Nothing in life is permanent, including what you think sounds good or how loud you feel something should be.

Some sell the OEM tips to Wing riders.

Actually read this just a few minutes ago on another forum: I have a 2012 Gold Wing. Would like to buy a set of tips from a F6. 256.820.3348

Quote Originally Posted by Dfinkelsteinmd View Post
    The new Cobras do sound awesome w/o baffles and look great in chrome on an otherwise all black bike. I look forward to seeing the black version too but the chrome ones get a lot of attention and once you remove the baffles are probably lighter than stock...now what do I do with my stock pipes and the Cobra baffles? Recycle or save for resale value if I ever tire of my
    favorite new bike?
    I think your are right about the chrome pipes. I got impatient waiting for the black ones and love the chrome now that I have them. If I see the black ones on a black bike and like them better, I can always change. I think the black bike will look leaner from the side with chrome pipes since they clearly draw a visual line at the bottom of the bags; the black pipes might not do that, causing the bike to look fat/bulky from the side. Of course this might not be the case at all. We won't know for sure until we see it on person.

Yes, thank you very much!