Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
I talked with Mike at Cobra this afternoon and he assured me they are going to look into the drone issue with the 6-2-6 pipes and see if they can duplicate the noise issue and try to find a possible solution...I will try removing one of the baffles after I talk with them again in a week to see if this makes any difference..I am going to hold up on the baffle until the guy at Cobra has a chance to discuss this with the engineers and then go from there....Hopefully they can find a solution as this drone noise at highway speeds is killing my ears......
Opas,

I'm sorry to hear that the exhaust is too loud for you. By any chance do you have an aftermarket windshield?

Just a heads up; We tested this exhaust with over 8 different sets of baffles until we got, what we thought was the correct tone for the bike. The baffles we ended up going with were the most quiet ones we could build without negatively affecting the performance of the bike. We will not be offering a quieter baffle for the Six-2-Six as of now, or any time in the near future. If you plan on removing one or more of the baffles, that will most likely only make it louder. We offered this exhaust with removable baffles since we knew some would prefer a louder bike, being that an F6B rider is different than a GoldWing rider. Also, it is difficult to create an aftermarket system for the GL1800 without creating some sort of drone. When comparing stock to aftermarket, there will always be more drone unfortunately.

I'm sorry that the drone is bothering you, but that is the most quiet we could get this particular system.

Have a great day.