smoking the rear tire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smoking the rear tire

smoking the rear tire

Anybody ever try smoking the rear tire on this thing? I did a few burnouts on the VTX quite easily. I assume it would go straight once you got it spinning and let off the front brake? Just checking before I try it. I would hate a high side toss on this thing so I am asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisenheimer View Post
    Anybody ever try smoking the rear tire on this thing? I did a few burnouts on the VTX quite easily. I assume it would go straight once you got it spinning and let off the front brake? Just checking before I try it. I would hate a high side toss on this thing so I am asking.
    Seems rather silly to me to try and "burn-up" an expensive rear tire just to impress oneself or others...along with potential damage to other components on the bike....If it is your thing go for it, but I would not waste the time or effort.....JMHO

This was all I could find:

No smoke here:

Here ya go:

shooter
    Got a young guy that works for me Opas. 26. Most of the time he can't ride his Stage 4 HD. The rear tire is always showing cord. Last year he wanted to go on a ride with me and my brother in law. His tire was shot. I gave him my OE Stone. It was only a half size off. We put it on and made the ride. Next weekend he went to a bar and participated in a burnout contest. He won. A small plastic trophy. Ruined the tire. When I pointed this out he said " oh well , the tire didn't cost me anything". To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Got a young guy that works for me Opas. 26. Most of the time he can't ride his Stage 4 HD. The rear tire is always showing cord. Last year he wanted to go on a ride with me and my brother in law. His tire was shot. I gave him my OE Stone. It was only a half size off. We put it on and made the ride. Next weekend he went to a bar and participated in a burnout contest. He won. A small plastic trophy. Ruined the tire. When I pointed this out he said " oh well , the tire didn't cost me anything". To each their own.
    Young, Dumb and Full of Cu_

" oh well , the tire didn't cost me anything".
    The next one will!

You weren't offended by that?

shooter
    No. I didn't like it. If I give you something of my own free will you can do any stupid thing you want. I would like to see him be more responsible. His daddy didn't teach him well. He's a great mechanic and a good boy. I'm trying to teach him what his daddy didn't.

I know that would be last damn tire I gave him.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

This is exactly the young generation in a nut shell. Drives me insane. Our clowns do something wrong and shrug their shoulders like, what's the big deal.

We're off topic again.....to the OP, no I haven't and won't ever try. I'll watch video's of others.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.