Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
That is a pretty typical practice. They applied it to the selling price. I would think that you would have seen the math on the sales order? The alternative is that you can pay $500 more for the bike and get the bonus bucks. It's all a wash in the end. When I purchased my Wing there was $1000 in bonus bucks, they took it off the price of the bike, which was to my advantage because that was $1000 I didn't pay sales tax on. Maybe they should have explained it better but I don't think they did anything devious.

I have learned over time that you really need to educate yourself before a large purchase, no matter what your buying. Not biting on you at all but that $500 offer has been out there for months. Had you researched things a bit more ahead of time you might have negotiated the deal differently. Knowledge is power.
Thanks Dave for your honest take on this and your right "knowledge is power " Unfortunately I cut the deal over the phone. I live in Florida during the winter but wanted to buy the bike from an Illinois dealer where I live in the summer. No excuse but I have not seen any paperwork as of yet. I just have not heard of this done this way. I pick up the F6B next week so I'm super excited. Hell the last Harley I bought was in 2000. Also thanks everyone for chiming in. Love the forum and the help it provides.