MSRP vs Honda Bucks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSRP vs Honda Bucks

MSRP vs Honda Bucks

I recently called my local dealer in Illinois and was quoted a " out the door " price on a 2016. Acceptable to me I gave them a 1k down payment to hold the bike till I could get back to Illinois for delivery. In the meantime I found out Honda was offering a $500 Honda Bucks program to purchase accessories. How cool was that. I spoke with the dealer yesterday to arrange payment and delivery and found out they applied the $500 Honda bucks to the price of the bike. I did not want the promotion applied to the final price of the bike. In other words the " out the door " price was fudged in my opinion. Looking for any comments or opinions in this matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Come on...they simply forgot to mention that. I wouldn't be happy.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

That is a pretty typical practice. They applied it to the selling price. I would think that you would have seen the math on the sales order? The alternative is that you can pay $500 more for the bike and get the bonus bucks. It's all a wash in the end. When I purchased my Wing there was $1000 in bonus bucks, they took it off the price of the bike, which was to my advantage because that was $1000 I didn't pay sales tax on. Maybe they should have explained it better but I don't think they did anything devious.

I have learned over time that you really need to educate yourself before a large purchase, no matter what your buying. Not biting on you at all but that $500 offer has been out there for months. Had you researched things a bit more ahead of time you might have negotiated the deal differently. Knowledge is power.

nearly all the dealers with those really low prices are doing that, Western Honda in Phoenix did that with my purchase

Quote Originally Posted by faz View Post
    nearly all the dealers with those really low prices are doing that, Western Honda in Phoenix did that with my purchase
    Yep, that has been my experience too. And I am guessing it was reflected somehow on your sales receipt as mine was.

Same here

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    That is a pretty typical practice. They applied it to the selling price. I would think that you would have seen the math on the sales order? The alternative is that you can pay $500 more for the bike and get the bonus bucks. It's all a wash in the end. When I purchased my Wing there was $1000 in bonus bucks, they took it off the price of the bike, which was to my advantage because that was $1000 I didn't pay sales tax on. Maybe they should have explained it better but I don't think they did anything devious.

I have learned over time that you really need to educate yourself before a large purchase, no matter what your buying. Not biting on you at all but that $500 offer has been out there for months. Had you researched things a bit more ahead of time you might have negotiated the deal differently. Knowledge is power.
    Thanks Dave for your honest take on this and your right "knowledge is power " Unfortunately I cut the deal over the phone. I live in Florida during the winter but wanted to buy the bike from an Illinois dealer where I live in the summer. No excuse but I have not seen any paperwork as of yet. I just have not heard of this done this way. I pick up the F6B next week so I'm super excited. Hell the last Harley I bought was in 2000. Also thanks everyone for chiming in. Love the forum and the help it provides.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1974 CB 750
    1976 Sportster
    1978 Low Rider
    1984 Superglide
    1994 Road King
    2000 Ultra Classic
    2016 F6B

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Thanks Dave for your honest take on this and your right "knowledge is power " Unfortunately I cut the deal over the phone. I live in Florida during the winter but wanted to buy the bike from an Illinois dealer where I live in the summer. No excuse but I have not seen any paperwork as of yet. I just have not heard of this done this way. I pick up the F6B next week so I'm super excited. Hell the last Harley I bought was in 2000. Also thanks everyone for chiming in. Love the forum and the help it provides.
    Your going to love that bike so much that two miles down the road that $500 will be the furthest thing from your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    Your going to love that bike so much that two miles down the road that $500 will be the furthest thing from your mind.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Cool

Sounds like they folded the " rebate" into the cost... somewhat normal..... I would say I wanted the $500 for stuff and keep the original price and see what they say. Threaten to go to another dealer and see if that helps.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com