Kabuto Ibuki Helmet - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki Helmet

It was too good to be true

So, my order got cancelled from the eBay seller and my account credited. I am not buying their explanation. Here is the body of the email I received:
    New message: Jeff, While packing another custom...

eBay
    New message from: motorcyclegear2 Top Rated Seller(6,111Green Star)
    Jeff,

While packing another customer's order for the new Kabuto Ibuki Helmets we received in on Thursday a crew member noticed there were some significant blemishes on the helmet. Since this morning we have been going through the helmets and found that several of the other sizes have blemishes as well.

Due to only selling brand new items we do not feel comfortable shipping these helmets out to you in there current condition. We have had to ship this entire palate back under warranty.

In lieu of these findings we have sent your order down to accounting to be canceled and refunded for you immediately!
    Thank You
    MotorcycleGear2 Crew

Kabuto Ibuki Helmet Large Shiny Red 7875303
    Kabuto Ibuki Helmet Large Shiny Re
    Price: $102.11
    Buy it now
    Watchers: 3
    Quantity Remaining: 0
    Free Shipping
    Buy it now
    Get to know the seller motorcyclegear2

• Located: Pflugerville, TX, United States
    • Positive Feedback: 99.7%

Only purchases on eBay are covered by the eBay purchase protection programs. Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed.

Email reference id: [#a11-ub7wqre3bl#]_[#ca7949846ff44ff3bf770403cee19f4c#]

We don't check this , so please don't reply to this message. If you have a question, go to Help & Contact.

eBay sent this message to Jeff Ryan (jefrya0). Learn more about account protection. eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy notice and user agreement.

©2016 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Interesting.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

My order cancelled as well! At least they're being consistent!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I've sent them two messages now letting them know that this solution is unacceptable to me. I stated that I fully expect them to hold up their end of the purchase contract and to ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and thought that a 10 day window would suffice. They responded that it would be a month or so before they received more. I replied that I can wait a month and to ship me the helmet upon arrival and charge me the $102.11. If they cannot do so, I will be open to substituting another modular with a similar msrp for the same $102.11. I aske them to please advise. I am now awaiting their response.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Ken - you get the same story as Jeff?
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I knew I smelled something fishy with a price that was way to low, $111 for a $300+ helmet. I to got the same message from them, here is the same e-mail I just received.
    "New message from: motorcyclegear2 Top Rated Seller(6,111Green Star)
    Larry,

While packing another customer's order for the new Kabuto Ibuki Helmets we received in on Thursday a crew member noticed there were some significant blemishes on the helmet. Since this morning we have been going through the helmets and found that several of the other sizes have blemishes as well.

Due to only selling brand new items we do not feel comfortable shipping these helmets out to you in there current condition. We have had to ship this entire palate back under warranty.

In lieu of these findings we have sent your order down to accounting to be canceled and refunded for you immediately!
    Thank You
    MotorcycleGear2 Crew"

I have also received an e-mail from PayPal stating the funds have been put back in my PayPal account. Like the old adage, "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is" and here was a perfect example.
    What do you want to bet someone at MotorcycleGear2 put them on Ebay with the wrong price on Friday and when the boss came in on Monday blew a gasket when they saw the orders and realized it was going to cost them a butt load of money and canceled everything?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Ken - you get the same story as Jeff?
    Yep, that's what I meant when I said they were being consistent. I probably won't hold their feet to the fire for it though since I already have one. Compared to other premium helmets, this is a $400 to $500 value IMHO. I believe Revzilla is now selling those helmets for $315.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    I've sent them two messages now letting them know that this solution is unacceptable to me. I stated that I fully expect them to hold up their end of the purchase contract and to ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and thought that a 10 day window would suffice. They responded that it would be a month or so before they received more. I replied that I can wait a month and to ship me the helmet upon arrival and charge me the $102.11. If they cannot do so, I will be open to substituting another modular with a similar msrp for the same $102.11. I aske them to please advise. I am now awaiting their response.
    I just sent my first message to them just like yours. We'll see what happens, if I don't get satisfaction I am going to dog them incessantly if nessacery.
    "This solution is completely unacceptable to me. I fully expect you to hold up your end of the purchase contract and ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and that a 15 day delivery window would rectify this situation.
    Respectfully,
    Larry Royal"

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I just sent my first message to them just like yours. We'll see what happens, if I don't get satisfaction I am going to dog them incessantly if nessacery.
    "This solution is completely unacceptable to me. I fully expect you to hold up your end of the purchase contract and ship me one directly from the manufacturer or from another supplier and that a 15 day delivery window would rectify this situation.
    Respectfully,
    Larry Royal"
    It will be interesting to see where this goes...

Yup, mine got cut also, where did you guys send your complaint to, His Yahoo e-mail???????