Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
And? I don't intend to convince anyone of anything. I wore a uniform for over 28 years so people could make life choices.
I'm cool with that.

All I ask is that people who make choices don't tap - unplanned or planned - the "common checkbook" to aid in their results/recovery of their choices.
I.E. make sure you are $$$ covered so my tax money doesn't have to pay for your choices.

Cheers,
Steve
Steve, with all due respect to your position here and the knowledge you have, this response to my post kind of ticked me off. I don't try to convince anyone of anything. I offer my opinions. You seemed to pick on that one word. I'm a veteran too, and I believe in the freedom we have. I didn't post the graphic photo's. Maybe what I should have said is, you can't fix stupid when it comes to wearing gear while riding. But, to each his own. Plus, the common checkbook is already tapped by life choices...this subject, smoking, drugs, etc. What I have to pay for medical in weekly deductions and co-pays proves that. I got hit by a car, I had full gear on, and trust me, the checkbook payment would have been much worse if I didn't.

As Ron White once said..." I had the right to remain silent, I didn't have the ability".